Global Data Team Leader - APAC Loans/Clients Data Management, Singapore
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients. What's the role?
The Global Data department in Singapore is looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Team Leader to manage the team which looks after the areas of Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income league tables offerings. In this role you will be responsible for two key areas: Product Strategy and Data Quality:
You will be the subject-matter-expert in the areas of Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income covered by Global Data and you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of this data through your team. We will also expect you to be involved in creating and leading the execution of the product strategies for APAC. You will manage our existing clients/contributors which includes but not limited to Debt Capital Market Desks, Loans & Bonds Underwriters, Arrangers, Bookrunner relationships. You will also form new relationships to increase data content and contributors of our APAC Loans Data sets and the usage and adoption of our League Table products among our existing or future clients.
You will work closely with your peers in the product team on a global level, and collaborate with other internal data teams to increase the depth of our Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income data sets through promoting higher level of disclosure from existing clients/contributors. You will also be responsible for gathering feedback from our Bloomberg Fixed Income Data users in APAC within the Debt Capital Market and Syndicated Loans desk to improve our League Tables offerings to remain relevant and competitive in the market. From a data quality perspective, you will work with your team to develop and improve workflow tools and processes in the area of financial data management including the acquisition, processing and publishing of data. Team Management:
You will be responsible for managing and developing a team of high-performing market data analysts who are responsible for our Loans Data, and Fixed Income League Table across APAC. This will include all elements of day to day people management, including recruitment, on-boarding, training, motivating and setting clear vision and objectives for the team. The team is currently spread across the APAC region. Finally, as a leader in Global Data you will be involved in broader discussions around talent management strategies across the department focusing on recruitment, retention and succession. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Lead the Global Data strategy of our Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income offerings by utilising your knowledge to improve the coverage, quality and the workflow tools of data management, including the acquisition, processing and publishing of data
- Oversee the daily operation of your team to update, maintain and process data covering various Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income markets in the APAC region to ensure the operational excellence, consistency, quality and timely delivery of the dataset
- Represent your team and product on a global stage by liaising regularly with your global counterparts in the Americas and EMEA to ensure the consistency of data strategies as well as continuously seeking new ways to operate more efficiently
- Increase the depth of our product by gathering feedback from the clients/contributors by improving our League Tables offerings to remain relevant and competitive in the market
- Become a true subject matter expert in Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income data to provide customer support to external clients and partners such as the users of Bloomberg Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions.
- Use your expertise and experience to support, influence, build relationships and find opportunities to build our business in APAC
- Be responsible for the end to end leadership of a team of high-performing market data analysts across APAC, including motivating and developing the team, both remotely and in-person to achieve clearly defined goals
- Become part of the Singapore management team responsible for driving office strategies around recruitment, retention and development to ensure the continuous growth of the Singapore global data team
- Act as an advocate for diversity and inclusion through the understanding of Bloomberg's value, truly understanding its importance to our business to achieve
- Bachelor's or/and master's degree in one of the business, finance, accounting, economics, management
- 1-4 years of demonstrated direct or indirect leadership experience - including but not limited to taking the initiative to lead projects or developing people to achieve in the past 4 years
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the financial data market landscape
- Experience in Financial Data Management, to ensure operational excellence and consistency, as well as quality and timely delivery of datasets
- Demonstrated experience developing and improving workflow tools and processes in data acquisition, processing and publishing of data
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Experience in aligning your department's goals to internal clients, and the ability to build and execute data strategy through a partnership with other internal stakeholders that deliver on that vision
- Shown ability to establish strong credibility to build influential relationships with multiple external clients to spot gaps within our data management process and our product offerings
- Experience driving strategies around recruitment, retention and development to ensure the continuous growth of a team
- Shown interest and understanding of the Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income market
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, allowing you to accurately communicate business needs and requirements and to advocate on behalf of your team We'd love to see:
- Knowledge in statistical analysis or computer programming is a plus, including but not limited to VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com