Global Economist - Buy Side firm - Singapore
We are currently working with a leading global buy side firm who are looking to add to their team in Singapore.
You will be working alongside portfolio managers in Singapore and work as part of a global economics team reporting into the chief economist for the fund who is situated in London.
This is a high profile position, working directly with the portfolio managers in order to contribute to their research portfolio in the form of Macro economic analysis and cross country strategy on Key global economies.
You responsibilities will include:
• Economic research and forecasts for major EM/DM economies with a particular focus on Greater China and Australia. :
• Develop policy views for the region and to help the strategists recommend trades in the FX, credit and rates spaces
• Analyze macroeconomic trends in the region in addition to contributing to the global call.
• Set up small-scale macro models for monetary policy analysis
In order to apply you should have:
- 5-10 years economics experience within a buy, sell side or central banking environment with some coverage of Greater China or Australian markets.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience Forecasting growth, inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates
- PHD preferred however Master experience will also be considered.
This role will be working with some of the leading names in l macro investing, within a fund with an excellent reputation.
The client is looking to commence interviews as soon as possible.