Setting the Tax strategy and ensuring effective strategy execution with the support from each country. Initiate, lead, develop and execute region tax planning strategy and in accordance with the overall group tax planning strategy.
Our client is a high performing, international brand currently one of the leading the fashion e-commerce industry, covering more than 160 territories worldwide. With a dedicated mission statement and a strong corporate social responsibility, they constantly strive to provide the highest value and services to their customers.
Strategic purpose of the position:
This position is responsible for providing and leading the implementation of tax planning, compliance and tax audit in the region, as well as providing quarterly and annual tax provision support for Corporate Tax. The role will partner with Corporate Tax and Business Finance to ensure that all tax returns are accurately and timely filed and tax strategies are identified and executed to provide cash tax savings, lower the effective tax rate in the region and ensure that the company is operating in a tax-efficient manner in the region.
- Develop and lead execution of tax planning, compliance and audit in the each region
- Lead negotiations and strategic approach with respect to transfer pricing, APA negotiations and tax audits
- Lead implementation of proper documentation to support tax transactions and secure compliance
- Provide support to the businesses to help value creation and help the business to achieve financial targets
- Review structured transactions of the region including but not limited to dividend, loan/interest, entity setup/dissolving etc.
- Partner with business finance, legal, Treasury, accounting and other functions to communicate, execute, protect and fund various initiatives which aim to ultimately maximize cash for the corporation
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and filing of the tax returns through proper supervision and review
- Ensure complete and accurate reporting with respect to tax accounting, including but not limited to quarterly tax package, return vs. provision, GAAP difference analysis, etc.
- Able to collaborate and lead tax projects with Corporate and Regional Tax.
To be successful:
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience in development and implementation of tax accounting, strategies and programs
- Experienced and energetic finance professional who has passion to make a difference
- He/She should be a true team player with proven communication and people skills
- Demonstrate leadership in driving mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructuring transactions.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop relationships across all functions in a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate complicated tax matters across all levels of the organization in a value driven manner.
- Minimum years of relevant experiences, big 4 experience is plus
Attractive compensation for the right experience.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Rachel Cheng on +65 6416 9893