Global Markets Operations, Equities Ops - Prime Brokerage & Clearing Ops, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Prime Brokerage & Clearing Middle Office is seeking a highly skilled individual to engage in client communication and risk management. The role will include daily ownership of trade lifecycle exceptions and fail management for a set client base across the Prime Brokerage and/or Prime Clearing spectrum. The individual would be expected to partner with internal stakeholders to analyze thematic issues and work to implement enhancements within current workflows. The individual would be expected to learn quickly, to efficiently manage time and prioritize, to effectively navigate the organization, and demonstrate a strong desire to learn. The individual will be exposed to global markets across listed cash equity and fixed income products. The role requires strong communication skills and a focus on partnership with both internal teams and external clients. OUR IMPACT
Prime Brokerage Clearing Services Operations provides clearing, execution and custody services for all major products across over 75 exchanges. Clients include hedge funds, asset managers, governments, corporates, broker dealers, Goldman Sachs franchise traders, other professional investors and market markers. Operations teams supporting the Prime Brokerage and Clearing Services business are responsible for providing centralized securities clearing and settlement, managing cash inflows and payments, and maintaining the accuracy of clients' positions and transactions. While interacting with various parties such as clients, clearing houses, Securities Division and Technology, Prime Brokerage Operations helps the firm and clients to manage risk exposed across these markets and products. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The candidate will be involved in trade lifecycle management (including client trade exceptions, pre-settlement and fails management) by interacting with clients, counterparty brokers, client service and various Operations teams to manage risk exposed across these markets and products. Additionally, the candidate would be expected to partner with other stakeholder teams (including Securities Division and Technology) to identify/resolve thematic issues, and work to implement enhancements to increase efficiency in current processes.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Establish excellent working relationships with multiple areas across the Firm including our business partners, technology and other teams within Operations
- Provide high level of service to external clients and internal stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise related to the implementation of new processes, global consistency, risk management, efficiency, and technology convergence initiatives among other projects
- Work closely with stakeholder teams to identify/resolve system issues, and work to implement system enhancements to increase efficiency in current processes
- Continual process analysis to improve control, scalability and efficiency
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Proven skills in driving process improvements through to implementation
- Strong risk management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop both tactical and strategic solutions to issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to learn
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the team by working closely with colleagues by sharing information, skills, and responsibilities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity