Global Markets Operations, FICC Ops - Credit Operations, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with institutional clients, sales & trading desks, technology and other business partners to offer best in class client service, solve complex problems and influence change? This is a great opportunity for an analytical/client service individual to utilize their professional skills by controlling risks and driving efficiencies in a fast paced environment.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Within Global Market Operations, the Credit Sales & Trading Svcs team provides risk management by facilitating the intraday processing and exception management of trade breaks both internally and externally for CDS products. Various operational reconciliations are performed on trade date and post trade date to ensure successful trade flow and books and records balancing. The team also executes various projects aimed at balance sheet optimization and gaining operational efficiency.
The team works closely with team members across regional and global offices to facilitate the above functions. The team support a cross section of products ranging from highly complex structured transactions to more vanilla trades. Individuals are required to develop a strong product, industry, and technical knowledge in order to facilitate the transaction flow and to anticipate and avoid potential trade problems. This position requires a high degree of communication with traders and salespeople in a fast paced setting and ongoing interaction with other Operations teams, Compliance, Credit, and Technology to resolve issues arising from trade execution, client queries, and new business. In addition, we are looking for a strong candidate that can help to drive workflow improvement across the organization. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with Client, Sales/Trading desks and other stakeholders to resolve any open questions/issues
- Monitor and control operational risk throughout the trade processing life cycle on Structured and Flow Credit derivatives post trade execution.
- Become a subject matter expert to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies
- Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force
- Collaborate with our technology and business partners to enhance systems and workflows
- Engage in various industry and regulatory initiatives in a constantly changing environment
- Ensure that processes are continually reviewed and improved, risk is managed, and results are achieved that meet expectations for timeliness, quality and cost effectiveness within the Department.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and creative approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Understanding of credit derivatives, including the current regulatory environment is beneficial
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- At least 2-5 years of work experience in Finance or related field
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity