Global Markets Operations, Portfolio Services Operations - Asset Servicing, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and upholding our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Are you looking for a client facing role? Are you a good communicator and have a knack for building relationships?
Asset Servicing sits within Global Markets division and is responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Action events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products. The team's role in supporting both internal and external clients throughout the lifecycle of large-scale events, including Mergers and Acquisitions, Shareholder Meetings, and Bankruptcies, provides a unique opportunity to play a part in real-time, impactful market transactions.
The Client Service Group is a team of individuals who manage and liaise directly with our clients on Asset Servicing specific queries. We support Prime Brokerage, Clearing and Private Wealth clients alongside our internal clients. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
The Client Service role is designed to provide a single point of contact for all Asset Servicing issues to the supported business units and our direct clients.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Answering client queries and working with relevant processing teams across global Asset Servicing to solve in a timely manner
o Direct client coverage - you will be assigned your own client relationships to manage on an ongoing basis. It is important that clients receive a consistent service from a single point of contact.
o Non-direct client coverage - you will also be assigned specific clients who are represented by other revenue divisions
• Attending external client meetings
• Running GSU classes to educate clients on Asset Servicing events
• Listening to client needs and requests and liaising with technology to implement
• Working closely with the Prime Brokerage reps and helping organise and run the annual Prime Broker Client Seminar and Networking Event SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Effectively handle challenging requests, and build trusting, long-term relationships with clients
• Self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic to learn
• Ability to take ownership for an issue and problem solve, providing clear and concise explanations of findings.
• Appreciate key client strategies and proactively manage and articulate the impact on the team and function using BI/analytics and empirical data
• Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization (Analyst to Managing Director)
• Time management and ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail whilst juggling multiple client requests
• Asset Servicing experience preferred but not required (direct or in-direct) DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS
• The department has a proven track record or developing its team members in a wide variety of functions and skill sets.
• There is the opportunity to grow and move within the Asset Serving group depending on team needs. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity