HR Generalist, working in HR department and from time to time collaborating with Bank ABC, serves as the point of contact for recruitment matters and is responsible for supporting the entire end-to-end recruitment process for all the units at AFS including Oman & Dubai.
HR Generalist supports the department as assigned and contributes to the overall effectiveness of the HR function in order to ensure a customer centric delivery service across the HR Generalist functions. These functions can include, but are not limited to, retention, employee relations, policies & procedures, performance management, training and development, talent management, succession planning and support of the business as assigned by the HR Management team.
The position requires a high degree of confidentiality, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities while working calmly and efficiently at all times.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Manages the full life-cycle recruiting efforts for AFS.
- Supports and maintains the recruitment process, including regular automated measurement reporting and proper follow-up actions to close gaps.
- Supports the selection matrix for selecting the optimum recruitment channel and recruitment source and partners with Line Managers to determine and implement optimal sourcing strategies for their business, including leveraging various direct sourcing strategies, where appropriate.
- Conducts direct sourcing strategies through the full range of channels including (although not limited to): search engines such as LinkedIn or e-Financials, advertised search, networking, research, referrals, internal mobility, company website, and on-line job boards.
- Supports the recruitment process aligned to the business groups on a day-to-day basis, ensuring the manpower requisition form, job description, and approval processes are all in place prior to initiating recruitment.
- Explores market best practices in recruiting and staffing in order to suggest best practices.
- In conjunction with the Deputy Head of HR, builds a quality relationship with internal customers and external recruitment agencies, as well as head hunters and executive search firms, if and when used
- In collaboration with the Deputy Head of HR, develops positive, on-going relationships with search firms as well as search firm contracting process for the business groups.
- Reviews and shortlists resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Develops and maintains critical reporting for HR and the business groups, including overviews of volume, source, and fees as well as candidate/interview data tracking.
- Manages and coordinates communication with candidates.
- Manages the scheduling and logistics of interviews between candidates and hiring Managers, including overseeing visas, travel and hotel reservations and expenses for candidates that have been identified.
- Recruits from junior to middle grade positions within AFS and works in collaboration with the Deputy Head of HR for roles at the senior levels.
- Interviews candidates and works closely with the business on managing the candidates through the application process.
- Provides complete and accurate information to candidates to positively market the company and its position.
- Collects and documents Interview Evaluation Forms.
- Prepares the packet for approval for recruitment to be presented to senior management.
- Prepares offer letters for successful candidates, ensuring salaries and benefits are in line with salary ranges and market data.
- Liaises with internal HR to ensure Central Bank approval is gained for expatriate staff.
- Liaises with Government Relations staff to ensure work and residence visas are arranged and completed in a timely manner for expatriate staff and their family.
- Supports the Head of HR in an HR Generalist capacity as assigned.
- As required, identifying & re-directing/ resolving matters raised with Group Head of HR in their absence.
- Provide assistance in all HR projects assigned by the Head of HR.
- Obtaining necessary approvals for group secondment projects as well as preparing secondment contracts in coordination with the teams.
- Maintaining and updating 3rd party contractor records and providing backup assistance to requests received from key departments prior to the onboarding of the contractors.
- Provide assistance and support to Recruitment team.
- Prepare on-boarding packs for new joiners and contractors.
- Follow up on on-boarding documents in coordination with the Recruitment team.
- Onboarding support (pre-joining documents) and other ad hoc requests.
- Provide backup assistance in pre-employment screening and work closely with vendor on required documentation.
- Provide support on preparing and collating data with regards to year end performance management and e-goals.
- Manage improvements and periodic updates to the HR Intranet.
- Provide assistance in arranging conferences, workshops, focus groups; including price & service negotiation.
- Provide assistance on HR Initiatives (i.e.). Provide assistance in research and compile data, meet and liaise with individuals and groups inside or outside of the organization on behalf of the Senior Managers, as appropriate i.e.
- Carry out a wide range of administrative duties in areas such as record keeping, monitoring budgets, reports, travel, expenses claims, and presentations, and follow up on necessary action items for internal / external clients etc.
- Keep track of important departmental deadlines, and future commitments and initiate action to ensure their execution as appropriate.
- Drive completion of multiple priority cases and projects within a fast-paced work environment.
- Under the guidance of the Head of HR, review and consolidate HR policies with a view to standardization and where appropriate creation of a standard. In addition, monitor & help resolve Audit Issues
- Administration, Office Management systems and procedures.
Education / Certifications
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in HR practices.
- HR related qualifications, such as CIPD, an advantage
- Personal drive & effectiveness.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Professional and ethical behavior: demonstrated ability to exercise absolute discretion in dealing with sensitive material and confidential issues.
- Added value results orientated.
- Highly motivated.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.