The Role Responsibilities
Process, Premium Service, Productivity and Budgetary Management
- Delivering consistent and reliable Trade Finance transactions to Tier 1 Clients in line with their personalised service needs to Win through Service. Operating with a deep understanding of client business and the products they operate. Empowered decision makers taking ownership of transactions and enquires and leveraging Trade Product Operations, Trade Core Operations and Trade GBS Operations to ensure service standards are fulfilled.
- Set up the Client Operations team and implement client value propositions for Teri 1 clients in line with Target Operating Model.
- Meet Targets set on Query reduction, First Contact Resolution and Quick Kills.
- Handle escalated cases for tier 1 clients and ensure quick and satisfactory resolution
- Ensure meeting of Targets set on SLA adherence, TAT for Tier 1 clients.
- Institute forums to discuss and resolve regular queries and find one-time solutions
- Ensure queries are resolved within agreed TAT for Tier 1 Clients
- Provide oversight for overdue queries and complaints
- Arrange meetings with Tier 1 (ex-priority) clients at agreed frequency.
- Engage Product Operations Team for advisory for complex deals or based on requests from clients.
- Ensure handling of Queries/Complaints as per the Documental Operating Instructions manual, customer's instructions and within the timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- Ensure all referrals are accurately checked and responded correctly with the SLA and in compliance with statutory regulatory and internal operational instructions.
- End to End Ownership of all Tier 1 (ex-priority) clients service queries/complaints until satisfactory resolution.
- Ensure prioritisation of Tier 1 (ex-priority) clients from a processing standpoint to achieve targeted TAT for all their transactions.
- Monitor and uplift Utilisation for Tier 1 (ex-priority) clients as per target set.
- Meet tier 1 clients to gain feedback and suggestions on service improvement.
- Engage Tier 1 clients on regular analysis of frequent queries and work with Product Operation Team on Disruptive Analysis for Tier 1 (ex-priority) clients to drive actions for reductions.
- Monitor Key Metrics Service Performance Scorecard around proactive query reduction, service quality increase and digitization index increase and initiate actions with tier 1 clients, stakeholders and product operations as required.
- Manage the running cost of the team to meet or exceed the budgetary target.
- Assist Head of Trade Ops for collaboration with Technology on futuristic digital opportunities, pre-empt disruptive forces and commercialise innovative use of technologies
- Assist Head of Trade Ops to achieve the financial performance targets of front to back operations and to drive the respective country to prioritize investments into making client journey simpler, faster, better Challenge status quo in driving courageous conversations of doing business with Right Clients with a sustainable cost/ income ratio.
Manage Client Operation Team daily operations accordingly to the laid down procedure and standard of service and ensure operations complies with applicable:
Governance & Risk Management
- By Generic Product Program and Country Product Addendum
- Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager
- Sanctions policy & procedures
- Group Policies / GDOI
- Legal & Compliance Policies
Business Continuity Management
- Immediate escalation of all queries/complaints received from regulators.
- Ensure Set Control standards are adhered to and met.
- Continuous update of service CDOI and dissemination of relevant information to team.
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
- Monitor complaints and completion of corrective action.
- Support to effectively implement all operational, regulatory and financial control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and control standard as per the defined Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and BRM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /BRM as appropriate. Support operations team pre/post audits and assurance reviews.
- Provide support on any regular and ad hoc tasks related to unit operational risk management assigned by BRM from time to time
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct. Develop a robust culture to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
People and Talent
- Assist Head of Trade Operations to ensure an adequate Business Continuity Management ("BCM") plan is in place across the business, to facilitate continuity of critical business operations in the event of significant business interruption.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Train up team members to maximize the productivity of resources available and to ensure that they have the required level of expertise to answer customers' queries and apply the operational standard required by the Bank.
- Ensure team members to complete all service mandatory learnings timely.
- Monitor morale and constantly motivate direct reports to ensure that optimum level of productivity and service standards are achieved.
- To act as a sponsor for the team for all changes facing Trade Operations group to ensure that such changes are implemented successfully
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement, with the expectation that everyone in Operations are drivers and owners of client outcomes.
- Review team structure and capacity plans in accordance with change in business structure and demand.
- Ensure succession planning for critical roles in place.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Always work towards achieving the outcomes set out in the Bank's conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Engage with local regulatory stakeholders and build trusted and valued relationships to drive outcomes that are satisfactory to the conduct of business in the country
- Monitor the effective communication and implementation of regulatory changes
- Head & team members of Trade Operations
- Head & managers of GBS
- Trade UORM
- Group Trade Product and Client Operations
- Local TB Product Management
- Business Technology
- Front Office & Middle Office
- Other Operations Functions
- Other Functions (HR, Finance, Legal & Compliance, Tax)
- Audit and investigations
Our Ideal Candidate
- External consultants
- Bank Audit / Accounting firms
- Local and Regional Regulators
- 10+ years' experience in Trade Finance Operations/ Services
- Experience in Operations and Client Services
- Understanding of trade products, process flow, regulations and accounting rules
- Education: University graduate or above
- Experience: 10 years Operations and Client Services working experience
- Solid knowledge on various types of trade products and good understanding of process flow, regulations and issues faced by clients.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and operational skills.
- Good People interaction skills and ability to manage by Influence.
- Excellent understanding of service quality principles.
- Good management skill and able to coach the team to achieve agreed target.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Advanced skills on presentation & email writing.
- Sound PC / MS Office skill.
- Strong organizational skills and well-developed business abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivator, able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Passion in identifying and driving new operations improvement opportunities
- Other than above roles, job holders should follow other job duties and responsibilities assigned by line manage from time to time.
About Standard Chartered
- Business facilitation
- Business Partnering
- Process Management
- Manage Change
- Service Delivery and Operations
- Products + Processes
- Business Governance and Support
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers