Head, Cloud Implementation CCIB T&I
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Digitization is changing the paradigm of Banking industry and as such we are embarking on a Cloud Transformation journey to ensure we become more relevant, agile and responsive to changing market requirements. Moving our applications to Cloud will allow us to embrace digital IT infrastructure and as such, it is a key element of our 2021. There is heightened expectations to deliver our products and services to our clients even faster than ever and to realise these benefits in less time.
This role will lead a team of cloud engineers/cloud enablement team across CCIB T&I domains which include Transaction Banking, DCDA, CC & CF and Financial Markets from Framework, Governance, prioritization, solutioning perspective. The role will enable Digitization across the board and contribute towards bank's Digitization journey.
This role will provide the necessary skillset and support to drive the migration plan forward in line with the roadmap, and provide the necessary input to help address the gaps in the current process and ensure a seamless implementation model is set-up to give the team gravitas in meeting the objectives. Collaboration will be highly essential in this role as you continue to build trust and momentum in a relatively new function in the bank, and get the necessary buy-in from all parties. These include your key senior stakeholders and engineering teams across the domain, as well as, building more collaborative partnerships with CCIB development teams to facilitate cross pollination of technology needs amongst the domains.
This role will be heading up the Cloud Implementation team whose roles and responsibilities include:
CCIB Cloud Implementation Execution Model Strategy
- Responsible for end-to-end implementation / Deployment of Identified application to cloud.
- Ensuring Availability of required Cloud Services
- Ensure Architecture for design and reviewing
- Ensure CSS for review
- Implementation of Infrastructure Solution Design
- Delivering provisioning tools for Apps to consume
- Responsible for deployment of development, staging and production cloud environments
- Managing LEAP completion
- Identify & execute the core onboarding process to enable Application onboarding to cloud
- Driving compliance for country engagement
- Driving external consults (PWC, Deloitte) for review.
- Seeking approval of PRA and country regulatory for cloud onboarding
- Provide Incident management and support during incidents and outages
- Develop Technology Architecture Strategy & Roadmap for Cloud Program by engaging and partnering with the Domain CIO.
- Assist in the development of the Solutions roadmap ensuring compatibility with the various Product strategies at a solution level
- Create strategies for leveraging new and upcoming Technologies
- Define /Refine the operating model for Cloud Enablement team
- Responsible for Cloud solution for a range of functions supporting the Front-line business, Client facing teams, Operations and Middle office and product teams
- Design pragmatic and achievable solutions that address business needs considering constraints, limitations and boundaries
People and Talent
- Defined Cloud onboarding Framework and processes to support business and to reap benefits of cloud adoption. Always refine processes to remove any impediments
- Provide technical consultancy, guidance, instruction and leadership to various technology partners and Development and Delivery teams
- Bring in Transparency with the team and to align with the overall strategy and roadmap for delivering Cloud onboarding program
- Ability to effectively converse with Multi regional teams
- Create "grass root movement" on Cloud to Socialise Cloud strategy to the wider T&I teams by engaging them through various platform - Brown bag Sessions, Guilds etc.
- Govern, risks of Technology Debts, Technology obsolescence to the management to enable them in planning for necessary risk acceptance or investments
- Identify Delivery Risks
- Direct teams to act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Manage the Cloud Performance Review forum with Key stakeholders.
- Define the Terms of Reference and ensure the members clearly understand their roles and responsibilities on the respective governing bodies.
- Define engagement rules, outcomes and dispensation processes wherever applicable.
- Ensure that technology partners and delivery teams adhere to the principles established in the enterprise architecture, governance, policies, principles, patterns
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CIO - Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking
- Global Head , Enterprise Technology
- Chief Architect, CCIB
- CIO - CCIB Domains ( CCCF, TB, FM, DCDA)
- 10+years experienced in Banking Industry
- Focused Delivery Oriented team player
- Provides Positive Thought Leadership across the team
- Very comfortable in managing Senior Stake Holders
- Good Organizational Skills
- Able to make Confident decisions based on Facts
- Self-Confident, Flexible and adapt to ever-changing demand and requirements
- Ability to handle pressure and respond to new problems or issues
- Making Senior Management Presentations and public speaking
- Constantly keep learning and updating on New Technology
- Ability to build Strong relationship and Network across organization
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.