Head, Desk Top Engineering
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
People and Talent
- Work with the team to provide following services all our users
- Desktop Builds
- VDI Build & Infrastructure (Vendor)
- Application Delivery - SCCM (Application Delivery)
- Application Delivery - VDI (AppVolumes)
- Desktop Software... (e.g. Core Software)
- Application policy and controls
- Desktop Operations
- Desktop Delivery services
- Print Services
- Telemetry, monitoring and automation tools
- Provide input into High Level Designs, taking advantage of the range of technologies available within the Bank Technology Services domain (e.g. Cloud, Storage).
- Develop Low Level Designs and communicate with other Engineering and Project teams in the Bank.
- Manage the Deskop & Mobility Product Roadmap and provide ongoing governance for Products within the Roadmap.
- Understand capacity and capabilities of existing platforms in the Bank and plan for growth.
- Lead different projects - identify dependencies and critical path - Ensure completion as per committed timelines.
- Proactively identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Work and coordinate with different teams across different countries -with diverse culture.
- Supports comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Develops documentation including processes and procedures for consistent maintenance and support across Operational COE's and within the Supported Regions
- Develops and contributes to policies, standards and procedures, and documentation of best practices/process improvements
- Identifies and leverages best practices among support and delivery teams as well as within peer teams
- Interfaces with various levels or groups within the organization to gain consensus and buy-in from all parties
- Interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers
- Demonstrate the ability to train on an document technical concepts and procedures and cross trains others in this area
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Perform deployment of packages to Client and server machines and refresh using SCCM.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage the project delivery and support costs within budget.
- Ensur e vendor relationships are appropriately managed and deliver value.
- > 15 years of Desktop and end user technology management experience - focussing on various desktop technologies
- Experience in architecture and design of enterprise desktop deployments and processes, especially for Windows 10.
- Demonstrates delivering services as a business (market bases services at market based rates accounting for internal costs with a positive return)
- Developing Self & Others through Coaching, Contributing to Team
- Success, Continuously Learning and Sharing Knowledge
- Vendor Interaction, understand the product/technology lifecycle, follow end-of-life and provide recommendation for changes/upgrades
- Demonstrates tactical ownership for the management and support of assigned infrastructure areas
- Participating in initiatives to maintain a secure, consistent, and effective global technical infrastructure service
- Demonstrates high analytical skills, Is self-motivated/directed
- Applies standards consistently across all solutions
- Demonstrates senior level technical skills and ability to successfully complete and resolve complex, non-routine solution designs to address customer requirements
- Demonstrates strategic foresight while employing hands-on technical skills on projects and work assignments
- Demonstrates ability to develop, organize and analyze performance metrics in their given function
- Demonstrates ability to develop, communicate and educate on standard operating procedures within their given function
- Delivers by possessing productivity, professionalism, customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality; ability to multitask; team focus, strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and adherence to standard operating procedures
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and ability to take direction from multiple areas.
The candidate should have experience in managing large Desk top services teams and set ups and should have deep hands on experience in :
- Windows Operating systems
- Desktop Builds, Security Standards
- Desktop Virtualization
- Deployment, telemetry & Monitoring tools - SCCM, SCOM, SCORCH, Systrack
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Services
- Integration of Cloud based services to end points - Office 36, OneDrive for Business etc.
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop environments - Citrix XenDesktop VDI, VMWare Horizonview, Micorsoft WVD etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Mobile Device Management platforms (e.g. MobileIron, Airwatch, Intune).
- Experience with Windows 10 Enterprise features include security, Bitlocker, conditional access, Multi factor Authentication
- Knowledge on industry trends and emerging technologies in the Desktop & Mobility domain.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations:ITIL v3 Foundation
- Professional Memberships: None
- Languages: English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .