Head, Financing and Securities Services Product: East
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Summary
The jobholder is responsible for Regional Product Management across Financing & Securities Services (FSS) business, responsible for (i) enabling a competitive product suite that will retain the existing book of business, (ii) developing new products and services to respond to market changes and generate new revenue streams and (iii) to ensure these is done within a controlled and compliant environment.
- Dynamically manages the entire suite of FSS products for their Region, including custody and clearing, fiduciary and fund services, prime services, securities lending, and other product types managed by the FSS business.
- Regularly reviews the product suite in his/her Region to ensure its competitiveness and viability. Products must be proposed for closure where they do not satisfy these requirements,
- Leads the functions under Product Management for their Region such as core Product Management, to drive client agenda and business goals,
- Manages the regional and local product resources to provide insightful analysis of industry developments, market changes and competitor offerings to identify threats and opportunities, assess the impact on clients and offer appropriate and innovative product solutions,
- Works collaboratively with members of the FSS, Financial Markets (FM), Client Coverage (CC), as well as Transaction Banking (TB) teams to ensure cross-product, cross-business opportunities are realised,
- Maintains close contacts with key clients to maintain strong familiarity with changing view and priorities within the industry,
- Leads the FSS Innovation agenda for their region, ensuring we are outpacing industry peers in both thought and delivery leading to commercialisation.
- Develops and executes the strategy for the FSS product suite for their region, working within the overall business strategy and corporate plan for the business.
- Ensures that for their region there is an efficient, scalable, and sustainable business model.
- Ensures regional and local Product Management teams are set up to identify strategic changes locally, and are kept aware of broader industry trends and changes,
- Functions as a key contributor to the development of the strategy for the FSS business globally,
- Defines strategy for Channel Management, Strategic Client Initiatives, and other functions within the overall Product Management capabilities,
- Works across CCIB and the Bank to ensure strategies for related products are aligned,
- Reviews, assesses, and resets location strategy as new countries and markets become available / viable.
- Provides internal and external leadership in the development of the FSS business,
- Collaborates with FM Operations to design and implement a scalable, automated, and commercially viable operating model for the business, capable of adaptation to satisfy changing business and regulatory requirements,
- Maintains detailed financial analyses for the FSS product suite to identify areas of financial strengths and areas of improvements, as well as for crafting strategical / tactical responses with the evolving financial trends,
- Periodically reviews products to ensure profitability requirements and expectations continue to be met,
- Co-ordinates global product activity to minimise overlap and maximise sharing and re-use of solutions,
- Manages relationships with functions such as Risk, Credit, Compliance, Legal, Finance as they impact the evolution of the FSS product suite.
People and Talent
- Represents key deals and strategic client initiatives at global forums such as Product Performance Review (PPR), Client Business Team management meeting, governance committees, etc,
- Drives consistent standards of performance and output across all product locations,
- Maintains senior-level contact with regulators and infrastructures within their region and communicates developments to the Product Management team,
- Proactively solicits feedback from Sales and Business Development, Business Account Management, and Operations teams to assess performance of Product Management teams and relevance/ usefulness of output.
- Provides strong leadership to the Product Management team in their region, leads through example and builds appropriate culture and values,
- Works closely and collaboratively across the FSS team to develop globally competitive products,
- Sets appropriate tone and expectations from Product Management and works in collaboration with risk and control partners,
- Ensures the provision of ongoing training and development of people; ensures that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles with effective supervision in place to mitigate risks, proactively provides coaching to the team, creating an environment that fosters learning and drives a high-performance team ethos,
- Employs, engages and retains high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles,
- Periodically reviews team structure/capacity plans,
- Sets and monitors job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and objectively provides feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives,
- Works closely with team heads within the Product Management vertical to objectively assess performance of local product teams who have responsibility across product lines.
- Ensures product risks are identified and managed effectively,
- Takes responsibility for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, maintains an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual and the team play in managing them,
- Maintains an understanding of risk management issues among the FSS products and teams,
- Oversees consistent treatment and management of product risks throughout the regions managed.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Accountable for maintaining appropriate balance between standardised product offering and granting exceptions to key clients on a commercial basis,
- Consults with local heads of FSS / FM / FM Ops and other relevant parties before granting significant concessions to the standard product model,
- Maintains all appropriate Product documentation and approvals
- Ensures compliance of the product suite with all regulatory and internal control requirements
- Assesses the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversees changes in these areas
- Maintains awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Delivers 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; willingness to work with regulators in an open and cooperative manner .
- Manages and oversees proper control and authorisation of product inventories,
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leads the Product Management teams across all locations to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients, Financial Crime Prevention, The Right Environment,
- Effectively and collaboratively identifies, escalates, mitigates and resolves risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Manages and fulfils all regulator prescribed responsibilities such as (but not limited to) PRA and FCA requirements on Certified Persons.
- Closely liaises with FM Operations to determine commercially and operationally robust exceptions to standard product model
- Promotes strong communication with clients under the overall auspices of Sales / Business Account Management / Client Solutions / Technology and Operations
- Collaborates closely with associated supporting functions and business lines globally - such as Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Markets, Client Coverage, Transaction Banking products, etc,
- Manages the process of gaining necessary product approvals from the above functions,
- Works with country FSS and Product Management Heads to maintain close relationships with local market regulators and market infrastructure providers such as stock exchange, central depository, clearing house, etc,
- Interacts regularly with clients to maintain clear view of changes in trends and requirements.
- Embeds Here for good and Group's brand and values in team.
- Performs other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Revenue, Growth & Profitability
- Ensures the Securities Services Innovation agenda, ensuring we are outpacing industry peers in both thought and delivery leading to commercialisation,
- Fulcrum into broader Transaction Banking innovation agenda ensuring that SS is aligned and providing input and idea generation for TB.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive revenue being actively involved in deal teams and generating opportunities through existing and new relationships with key client stakeholder,
- Work with BAM's and GAM's so that our product capabilities are well understood and easily able to be commercialised,
- Endure profitability by working closely with operations and the sales force so that costly manual procedures and product deviations are limited to key clients and well controlled.
- jobholder will have been educated to degree level with extensive experience of 15 years in banking and the financial services industry
- should have deep subject knowledge of one of the Securities Services Disciplines, either Custody, Fund Administration, Prime Finance or Middle office. And a broad understanding of the Securities Services ecosystemhe
- candidate must exhibit excellence in their ability to articulate a securities services proposition, its moving parts and its future to both internal and external stakeholders and clients
- Strong experience in product management
- Good communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.