The Role Responsibilities
The person in this role will be accountable and responsible to drive all aspect of operational framework both internally within Network domain (Product owner, Delivery, NRE, Automation, Security etc.) as well as other domain that has within the wider ET group and beyond (Control function, Security, Risk, Audit and Compliance). This person will need to perform analysis of existing process and drive improvement to fix, rationalized and simplify operational model within Network team and externally. The said person will need to drive negotiation and agreement with other team to ensure operational model, framework and processes are functional and efficient, minimizing cost/effort/time from current process. This person will be the gatekeeper for network team process universe and will be the expected to drive changes to the better in the way the bank currently operates collectively and internally for each tower within network. This person needs to have ability to see both the high-level operating model view as well as details as required to achieve the desired outcome. The success of the role will be determined by tangible return in the form of productivity increase, reduce cost/effort/time and improvement on efficiency for Network team specifically and the bank in general. Expected things that the role will need to tackle
Internal operational model and framework
- Manage (fix, improve, simplify, and enforce) R&R across different team ensuring overlap/ambiguous areas are addressed.
- Enforce, rationalize, and simplify operating model within network.
- Create and establish framework.
Shift Left principle across entire operational model
- Enforce, rationalize, and simplify.
- Create, establish and negotiation operating model taking both network and overall SCB objectives.
- Checkpoint of new process being imposed into Network taking into view the entire end to end flow and TCO of the additional workload and the feasibility of it.
- Remove process complexity and duplication.
- Enable the organization to achieve its commitment imposed into it efficiently.
- Align process to enable efficiency
- Lining up process
- Control changes
- Remove ambiguity
- Re-negotiate unattainable expectation and create alternatives
- Enable automation
Business and Stakeholders Management
- Aware and understand the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Work alongside Network Engineering, Delivery, Automaton, Network Reliability Engineering and Risk team.
- Deliver the Network Services Campus and Branch Operations strategy in-line with the Enterprise Technology strategy.
- Identify opportunities for automation, cost savings and service quality improvements.
- Work with Security Enterprise Technology to ensure Operations can meet bank security standards.
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Develop RFPs/RFIs, oversee product evaluations, coordinate product selections, ensuring pricing, terms and conditions meet bank IT standards.
- Aware and understand the wider business, economic and market environment in which the group operates.
- As an absolute critical technology service for the bank, ensure the network service remains stable and performing optimally through the effective use of people, process, and tool.
- Gain deep understanding of business objectives and priorities.
- Forge deep relationships with CIO business lines and country technology management to understand their network service requirements and where applicable factor into the Engineering and Automation strategic roadmap.
People and Talent
- Ensure the Operations complies with the Technology Operations processes within the Operations Risk Framework. Those include Incident Management, Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Continuity Management, Asset Management and Operations Monitoring.
- Identify, recruit, and retain key network talent, providing technical leadership across the department
- Lead by example and build an appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, also ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high talent.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- C ontribute towards identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group's standards. Also, aware and understand the main risks facing the operations and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- The ability to interpret the Group's Financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment within Network Services Operations.
- Ensure Network Services Operations procedures are in place and adhere to Group Security & Audit policies within Network Services.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Networks Services Operations team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct principles, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Enterprise Technology Management Team
- Technology, Transformation & Operations Management Team
- Global Internal Audit
- Operational Risk
- Development Managers
- Application Support Managers
- Enterprise Technology - Infrastructure Support domain heads
- Enterprise Technology - Cloud Engineering Head
- Integration and Network Services Management Team
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for Good and Group's brand and values in the Network Services Operations team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional Policies & procedures.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Degree or equivalent
- Certifications/accreditations: CCIE or equivalent
- Languages: Business Communication
- 12 years experience of proven successful track record in transforming network technology organisation (preferably) within financial industry (FinTech/Banking).
- Good knowledge in process terminology and construct applicable for financial institution both from operational and security perspective specially within Network technology space and adjacent spaces.
- Good knowledge of networking technology component and logical construct and their usage (router, firewall, switches, load balancer, DNS etc). Preference for someone who grow from core network technology background.
- Self-driven and persistence to drive changes through difficulty.
- Very strong logic and structure analysis capability.
- Strong communication skill, able to clearly explain complex situation in simple way.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skill.
- Background education and experience in Process re-engineering in Banking/Financial institution.
- Expert with proven track record in transforming manual process into automated adapted process.
- Expert and proven track record in simplifying and rationalizing internal and external process with tangible benefit in.
- Increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Increasing client experience and satisfaction.
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge of operational framework both internally within Network domain (Product owner, Delivery, NRE, Automation, Security etc.) as well as other domain that has within the wider ET group and beyond (Control function, Security, Risk, Audit and Compliance)
- Network - product & technology
- Networks - processes
- Process re-engineering in Banking/Financial institution
- Manage conduct
- Manage risk
- Manage people
- Manage vendors
- Manage financial
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers