Head, OmniChannels Delivery
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- As part of the banks pivot to the New Ways of Working the candidate will need to demonstrate knowledge, and have relevant skills, in Agile methodologies and management of squads, tribes and chapters. They should be able to lead and provide guidance to their tribe in a constantly changing and often ambiguous environment.
- The candidate will need to work with various teams across the bank to ensure that the banks direction of cloud based, api driven architecture is reinforced within their team and that software is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- The candidate will be tasked with ensuring that the team delivers using modern toolsets, collaboration tools and best practices to increase efficiency and improve time to market while driving down costs.
- The candidate needs to possess the knowledge and be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of business users and stakeholders, in order to align with the relevant customer journey, and implement the best solutions for both the end customer and the bank in terms of functionality, stability and cost.
People and Talent
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring their team complies with the banks regulatory, compliance and security requirements with regards to bank and customer data, regulatory guidelines and overall stability of the banks infrastructure and systems.
- A key part of the role will be to participate and lead streams within the overall T&I employee education to enable the upskilling and retention of quality staff not only in their organisation but across the entire T&I domain. They will need to demonstrate a high level of communication and influencing skills to be able to drive and deliver using a diverse team of volunteers
- The candidate will be responsible for working with various stakeholders across both business and technology lines to ensure that all risks to the bank and processes impacted by their delivery are reviewed, reduced and monitored in accordance with the banks policies.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- The candidate will need to comply and enforce within their team, the governance processes related to software delivery (SDLC) throughout the entire lifecycle. They will also be heavily involved with the financial and reporting governance that accompanies project and programme delivery.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the tribe to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group CIO's for Segments including CCIB, CPBB and TS
- CPBB CIO
- CPBB Global Head Personal and Business Banking
- Global Head Digital Commerce
- Global Head HR, T&I
- Must have a strong understanding of the Retail Business Strategy, as well as help provide critical input to the OmniChannels Strategy
- Generate new ideas and business streams with OmniChannels to extend reach and enhance reputation across SCB footprint.
- To proactively look for technological improvements, build business cases and submit funding approval requests in order to drive up utilisation
- Develop and implement clear structures of accountability to ensure transparency and efficient allocation of resources.
- Provide expert insight on developments in technology and innovation in the T&I domain, not only in the Retail product space but in the use of delivery tools and methodologies as well.
- Help drive learning and development across T&I through the building out of career & learning paths and engineering excellence.
- Work with senior stakeholders across T&I to drive the pivot to new ways of working and the focus on driving excellence within the workforce
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.