The Role Responsibilities
As a senior member of the Group Functions Architecture leadership team, lead a team of Solution Architects in Group Functions for the Group Finance domain covering the full spectrum of Group Finance, from Core Finance, Treasury, Liquidity, Capital, Tax, to Financial Regulatory Reporting, working with domain project delivery teams on designing solutions for the domain. Besides stakeholder management and ensuring that architecture governance and technology standards are met, the person is also expected to actively own and define the target architectures for this domains and govern the transition states. This will then help to drive standardisation and consistency across the Functions domains, with a view of landscape simplification and cost efficiencies. Strategy
- Actively contribute to overall Functions Architecture strategy and vision, as part of the leadership team of Group Functions Architecture
- Manage a team of Solution Architects, who are responsible to ensure solution designs in projects are aligned to the domain target architectures, and that technology and architecture standards are met. Besides management, this person is expected to be hands on and may be directly involved in certain key projects.
- Guide the team in providing architecture direction, guiding principles, guardrails and roadmaps to ensure that the target architectures in the domains are aligned to the wider Group Architecture Strategy, Policy and Standards.
- Own and drive the team to define the target architectures in the assigned domains, and any transition states if necessary. Manage and track technical debt where applicable.
- Collaborate with the wider architecture community across SCB, represent Functions in the wider technology organisations on relevant pan-bank topics.
- Lead and guide the team to identify and recommend common architecture/design patterns and best practices across the domain and Group Functions to drive down the cost of change for our Businesses. This includes designing for change and prioritising agility and adaptability. This includes owning and driving product evaluations and/or Proof of Concepts for new technologies where applicable.
- Optimize business alignment and maximize value on investments by aligning technology decisions with business imperatives leading to cost optimisation (cost avoidance & cost reduction), as well as ensuring fit for purpose platforms.
- Engage proactively with business stakeholders to ensure that Architecture is involved at the onset of any solution that requires Technology, through active participation in business strategy workshops, QPRs and/or Refinement Forums.
- Contribute to investment planning/prioritisation with the businesses and TTO.
- Improve cost efficiency - drive efficiency by identifying opportunities to rationalise to a fewer best of breed platforms which provides strategic business capability and aggressively decommission redundant applications.
- Driving and enable cloud adoption and modernisation of technology landscape, where applicable, across the assigned domains and Group Functions whilst balancing regulatory requirements like cloud approvals, data sovereignty and security.
People & Talent
- Ensure Architecture standards and processes are adhered to for the assigned domain and domain level technical debt is tracked and monitored.
- Facilitate cloud governance & approvals for the assigned domains, constantly seek opportunities for process optimisation and enhancements
- As a domain lead in the Functions Architecture team, lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Thought leadership in the assigned domains and key contributor to Group Architecture initiatives/strategy
- Be a mentor or coach to other members of the team, as appropriate
- Proactive in seeking regular assurance that function is performing to an acceptable risk and control standards.
- Include internal controls, legal and regulatory requirements in the processes supporting the function
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and, if necessary, escalated through the relevant committees.
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, remaining within risk appetite.
- Work in collaboration with risk and control teams.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Be a part of domain architecture governance forums to actively be aware of and govern emerging decisions, in alignment with Functions and wider Enterprise architecture standards/policies/guidelines
- Accountable for the governance of all domain level tech and architecture decisions through the applicable Architecture Review Forums and Functions Tech Council
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, anti-money laundering, Open Banking, and Data Protection regulations and guidelines
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Functions TTO teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- GCFO business
- Functions CIO
- TSA MT
- Solution Architects and Functions Technology Domain Heads
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embrace and practice SCB's brand promise of Here for Good and corporate values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Responsible for building a culture of good conduct
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- This role requires 15+ years of relevant experience, with 10+ years in a hands-on delivery role and/or solution architecture in the Finance sector, preferably in banking.
- Functional knowledge in Group Finance is required.
- Experience in SAP Finance or equivalent product is preferred.
- Experience in large, complex organisations, ability to handle cultural diversity and managing senior stakeholders is also essential to this role. This is not an Enterprise Architecture role.
About Standard Chartered
- Application Design, Architecture
- IT Architecture
- Platform Architecture
- IT Governance
- Information Management
- Emerging Technologies
- Cloud Computing Architecture
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers