The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Responsible and accountable to exploit the value of Trade Finance information assets and its analytics in cooperation with Transaction Banking Product, Digital Channels and Data Analytics (DCDA), Trade Operations and Technology
- Lead strategy and the development of data and analytics products in cooperation with DCDA, Trade & Cash Product Development, Sales, Compliance and other to assure that solutions are aligned to the business strategy, released on time, on budget and with high quality.
- Partner with product engineering heads to develop Data, Analytics and Innovation domain roadmaps, adoption of real time streaming and batch-processing platform/Hadoop platform
- Support implementation of Cloud-based SaaS/PaaS/IaaS offerings for Data Solutions and leverage cloud enabled technologies and toolset for Data and Analytics domain
- Influence Data & AI architecture governance strategy
- The strategy alignment includes following pillars
- Data Strategy (Data Sourcing, Data Quality, Data Visualization & consumption)
- Machine Learning Pipeline / Tool Strategy / Platform Strategy
- Third-Party Platform / in-house Strategy
- Hosting Strategy for Data Analytics (In-House / Cloud Platforms)
- Visualization and Data Democratization (Facilitate the evolution to self-service analytics and data preparation)
- Identify, prioritize and execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes incl. revenues, cost efficiencies & risk mitigation
- Maintenance of Trade Finance level data, AI & ML technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services.
- Delivery within given budget, management of internal and external cost and strive for optimal delivery and sourcing solutions
- Drive and manage the development and deployment of Trade and Working Capital data and analytics platform.
- Incubate and propose innovative solution to business and stakeholders
- Design analytical solutions/experiments to solve various strategic business problems in Trade Finance and Working Capital through engagement and research
- Data squads to manage and deliver the lifecycle of a data science projects across four phases
- Data management & Data sourcing
- Data Engineering & Data Science
- Machine Learning & Analytics
- Data Visualization & Provision of AI microservices endpoints for consumptions
- Develop and communicate data analytics, ML & AI vision that supports the broader organizational vision
- Ensure team culture consistently demonstrates alignment with SCB principles and its aligned to SCB's business and technology strategy. Influence your team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach.
- Own the development, implementation, and delivery of successful large-scale project
- Manage cost effective delivery of data to respective teams which are up-to-date, comprehensive, and easy to consume (incl. data dictionary, feature engineering), which includes big data (structured and unstructured) as well as provision of transactional data
- Take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where your team's software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams. Make solutions simpler and reusable.
- Application of a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, alternate solution providers, leading practices, and our relative position
- Demonstration of technology thought leadership, foster productive stakeholder relationships, and build strong sponsorship of our technology architecture and roadmap.
- Understanding and influencing Open Account, Documentary Trade and Distribution strategy, ensuring it's informed by current and emerging technology capability and supported by our architecture and roadmap
- Evaluate vendors to find solution that best fit our functional and technical architecture
- Incubation of various Data, ML & AI solution together with stakeholders from business & operations to constantly search for opportunities to increase sales, optimize processes and mitigate risk.
- Support Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships
People & Talent
- Chief Product Owner for Data Initiatives
- Develop roadmap to accelerate adoption of data analytics, Machine and AI within Trade Finance & working Capital Solutions across various domains incl. Operations, Sales, FCC, Fraud & Credit Risk
- It should include (but not restrict to) prediction solution (e.g. Trade pricing) , recommendation solution (Cluster Analysis, Recommend Trade products to clients based on behaviour/profile), network analytics (Social Network analytics) and anomaly detection (Fraud)
- Exploitation of big data and the liberation of data to the business, using a combination of open source, cloud and various tools and techniques for data analytics, machine learning, mining, and visualization.
- Convert Analytic scope & roadmap into actionable deliverables (incl. User Stories & Verification)
- Leverage of Analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights for the business users, operational efficiency
- Increase Business AI understanding to increase adoption and acceptance
- Support business in tracking and monitoring the commercialization process of initiatives
- Build and lead data and analytics team for Trade Finance
- Define job roles related to Data Science, recruit candidates (if needed) and manage a team of data and analytics leaders/members
- Develop talent in Data across partners
- Develop a learning environment & learning strategy based on formal training and training on-the-job. Train and upskill team (Data Engineering / Data Scientist / ML Experts / Business Intelligence
- Foster teamwork, respect and collaboration across ITO function, DCDA and other stakeholders
- Foster a culture of innovation. Build the appropriate culture and values to be a role model. Acquire new skills to keep up the system update to date and to align bank wide new initiatives
- Adhere to corporate processes in any programme development ensuring timely delivery of artifacts and approvals avoiding any material audit findings.
- Timely engagement of Risk Framework Owners and Global Process Owners for any changes ensuring timely delivery of Change Risk Assessments.
- Work actively with 1LOD and 2LOD risk owners to use data to manage our risk levels within the at any time accepted risk levels.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Feedback data and analytics oversight on data governance to executive sponsorship, business, and risk committee (e.g. Sustainability Refinement or NFRC Technology Working group)
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met. Develop and execute plans for QPR approval to mitigate any risk / non-compliances
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of data and analytics in support of the enterprise's business strategy.
- Responsible AI - incl. the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making in TB. Ensure that model used are responsible and explainable. Manage Responsible AI as Business Risk Owner for Trade Finance
- Ensure data quality (DQMF) is applied for data analytics and AI projects
- Adherence to Risk & Data Quality Management Requirements
- Risk and Audit Continuous management of the Trade Application System risk
- Proactively identify issues and actions
- Monitor and remediate issues and actions from audits
- Awareness of the regulatory requirements and ensuring these are catered for in the platform design
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Product Management Trade & Working Capital Solutions and Cash
- Technology Engineering teams in Trade
- Trade Solution Engineering Team
- CFCC / Compliance teams ·
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ years of experience in Banking Industry.
- Degree in Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science, or related fields including business administration with data.
- 5+ years of working experience in data ecosystem (Spark, Python/Scala, TensorFlow) with on Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- 5+ Experience in Transaction Banking domain; Good Understanding of Trade Finance, Working Capital Solutions and Cash Management
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Very good understanding of Machine Learning models such as Recurrent Neural Networks, Network Analytics, Regression, Anomaly Detection & Clustering
About Standard Chartered
- Comprehensive functional and technical knowledge in Transaction Banking through practical experience in defining and delivering technology solutions
- Understanding of multiple programming languages, especially related to Data Science (Python, Scala, TensorFlow, R
- Understanding of distributed platforms Apache Spark, Data Warehouse, Apache Hadoop, Amazon Web Services (AWS), ETL (extra, transform, load), Big data analytic. Data visualization technologies, Data mining of social media data, Risk modelling, Artificial Intelligence
- Related Data Engineer/Analyst certifications are beneficial (e.g. AWS / Azure Solution Architect, IBM Certified Data Engineer, AWS & Azure Machine Learning / AI specialist etc.)
- Strongly developed strategic, analytical and communication skills evidenced by experience in formulating strategic scenarios, evaluating trade-offs within a robust commercial framework, developing related financial models and designing practical execution plans
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers