The Head of Application Services primary responsibility is to oversee the design, development and maintenance of business applications, appliances or system in support of the bank APAC businesses.
Strategy & Planning
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfil end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyse existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Working with businesses, Head Office and regional IT teams, develop business architecture, business systems, and end user products roadmap.
- Manage Technology and Business relationships to senior executive level; Delivering to stakeholders effective information and knowledge to support business decision making.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Drive optimization of technology solution delivery based on business requirements, existing applications, and latest technology trends.
- Perform regular business IT demand management and capacity management. Proactively identify business and users need for IT services and suggest solutions.
- Lead the teams and drive desired outcome in support of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master in information technology, Computer Science, Manage Information Science, Banking and Finance or equivalent.
- Relevant working experiences- ( 12-15 years) or more working experience in Mid to Large cap banks in Asia Pacific, within Technology department.
- Strong experience in establishing and driving business information systems strategy for Corporate, Institution and/or Transaction Banking businesses (mid-large bank).
- Strong experience in leading or driving Technology business solution application design, development and implementation; prior experience in leading business process reengineering or transformational project desired.
- Good understanding of Corporate Banking products - Trade Finance, Remittance, Deposits, Loans and Treasury or good understanding of Transaction Banking environment – in particular Cash Management and Trade Management services/products.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, leadership skill to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of application or system.
For interested parties, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Capita Pte Ltd | EA Licence No 08C2893 | RCB No. 200701282M
Grace Chuah Chia Wen | EA Registration No : R1876066