About Revolut People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 18 million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 3000 people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role ABOUT THE TEAM
Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut's products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements and is at the forefront of Revolut's efforts to keep customers and their money safe.
We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment. We operate in small, nimble teams that are built for scale, speed, and quality, giving you the chance to have a real impact on crucial problems that affect millions of people around the world.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct and financial crime risk. ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Head of Compliance to join our team in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Singapore CEO and the Regional Head of Compliance, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading regulatory and financial crime compliance at Revolut Singapore, including maintaining our Compliance Management System.
What you'll be doing
- Implementing the global policies, and localisation of procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identifying regulatory challenges and changes to ensure these are addressed/implemented in good time.
- Liaising with key internal (e.g. Legal, Risk, MLRO, Regulatory Compliance, etc) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required.
- Leading and planning regulatory engagement including licensing, breaches and remediation responses and regular contact.
- Strong reputation for engaging openly, constructively and collaboratively with all market participants (particularly when things don't go well) to ensure positive feedback from regulators, partners, and trade bodies and active participation in industry-level events.
- Designing and executing the local regulatory compliance strategy.
- Designing and implementing robust systems and controls for conduct risks, which includes; Embedding a clear conduct risk taxonomy, Finalising policies and procedures for all types of conduct risks, with a clear view of the inherent risk, strength of control, residual risk, and key risk indicators using real time data, Planning of 2nd Line assurance and Implementing our rolling compliance plan.
- Effective governance of conduct risk, this includes regulatory compliance leading/inputting into any debate on conduct risk, ensuring conduct risk management information is effective and ensuring the appropriate decisions are made at the appropriate seniority.
- Ensuring conduct risk management is integral to the design of products and customer journey and that the 'business' understand the conduct risks they own and ensure they have credible systems and controls for doing so.
- Set, lead and manage the culture of risk and compliance across the team in the local business and work with our Legal, Risk, and Global Compliance teams to define our risk appetite in the local market.
- Evaluating business objectives and regulatory developments, and propose compliance solutions within the firm's risk tolerance and regulatory requirements.
- Anticipate changes in regulatory regimes and implement the appropriate changes with our policy and procedure owners.
- Overseeing the local AML compliance program.
- Managing a small team of compliance and financial crime managers.
What you'll need
- Proven expertise in retail banking / NBFIs, and experience with setting up and running a second line of defence function
- Broad experience in managing risk and compliance issues within a regulated business
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to EMI, banking or trading activities
- Ability to scale teams
- Technical background with a robust and independent mindset ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions
- Pioneer spirit and hands-on attitude
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates .