About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities
The Head of Data Solutions, Finance & Treasury, will play a pivotal role in defining and implementing the Data Sourcing and overall data strategy for Finance & Treasury. The individual in this role will need to partner closely with the Finance, Risk, Technology, Fin Ops and Treasury Management Teams, Business Leaders (Data Providers), CDO, GLRR, Risk, CFOs, COOs and CIOs to
- Provide dedicated resources to solve material DQ issues to assist process owners.
- Work with Risk Owners, Process Owners and TA&I teams to establish data sourcing requirements.
- Identify and / or validate relevant optimal data sources.
- Work with upstream data owners, systems and technology partners to define the delivery mechanism to meet data requirements (in terms of completeness, reliability, suitability and accuracy) both tactically (mid-term) and strategically (long-term)
- Define Data TOM elements that feed into overarching Target Operating Model.
- Conduct and coordinate adjustment analysis with Process teams to understand the impact of changing data flows.
- Define and implement an operating model for managing data sources in both upstream providers and within Finance & Treasury.
- Ensure "Data Handshakes" are in place with all data providers.
- Build a team and create an ongoing capability to achieve the above.
- Define a data sourcing strategy for Finance & Treasury.
- Establish an operating model with the upstream data providers to ensure data consumption is forward looking and adequately planned.
- Work closely with upstream business functions, technology teams and COO to ensure robust data controls and data sourcing is in place through the following:
- Establish the best sources for certain data across the relevant domains.
- Understand the changing data landscape with the upstreams and understand transition paths for Finance & Treasury.
- Track upstream Data Quality Management Framework (DQMF) completion for dependent downstream processes.
- Facilitate the signing of SLA's/"Data Handshake" with upstream and downstreams
- Attend upstream DQMF and Architecture Forums to understand impact on Finance of a changing data landscape.
- Escalate formally problematic DQ issues with the upstreams to ensure adequate mgt oversight and remediation
People and Talent
- Establish a mechanism to review and renew "Data Handshakes" and align both the upstream and downstream data strategies.
- Develop training and awareness programme around correct Data Sourcing across all Finance and Treasury teams.
- Build a knowledgeable team and ongoing capability to run and manage the Data Solutions processes.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group relevant to F&T Data Quality.
- Through assignment of direct and indirect reports, establish and maintain an appropriate framework and procedures for monitoring, identifying, measuring, assessing, reporting, and managing compliance, regulatory, financial crime, operational and reputational risks that pertain to Data Quality.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide information into DQ Governance forums for all relevant Finance and Treasury Processes (where material DQ Risk is identified).
- Present updates into the Finance Regulatory Remediation Programme on progress against the overall Data Remediation Plans.
- Prepare updates for the Finance and Treasury Non-Financial Risk Committees on compliance and implementation of Data Remediation Activities.
- Provide consolidated updates into BCBS239 Programme and Non-Financial Risk Committees.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Finance & Treasury Data Quality Monitoring & Analytics Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group CFO, Head of Finance, Group Treasurer
- Finance, Fin Ops and Treasury Management Teams
- Head of Data Management, Finance & Treasury
- BCBS239 programme team
- Business COO's & Business Leaders (Data providers and data consumers)
- Risk, Audit and Compliance (Risk also as partners in data sourcing / DQ / BCBS 239 etc)
- External Consultants / Agents
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in F&T Data Solutions Function.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Hands on 10+ Exp. on Data analytics, Data Governance
- Data scientist would be a Plus
- Business Analysis
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Experience in Banking Industry
- Geographic experience, including Asia
- Core knowledge of UK & International regulatory environment
- Project Management Qualifications (Agile/PMI)
- Data Analytics
- Data Governance
- Knowledge of tools and techniques of data governance and the ability to develop and maintain an organization's data in order to meet business requirements
- Business Analysis
- Technical and Architectural Knowledge
- Understand current landscape of data profiling and analytics techniques, systems and visualization tools
- Financial governance, oversight and control frameworks.
- Programme and Project Management Experience
- Interpersonal, Influencing and Stakeholder Management
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Operating Model Design
- Financial Process Documentation
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques and tools and ability to accurately and thoroughly document
- financial processes in accordance with established standards.
- Knowledge of Financial Institutions and Financial Products
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers