Head of Finance - Trade
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
This role gives an opportunity to work for one of the top Trade Bank in the world which has presence across 40 plus countries each having different market dynamic. This is a Global and highly visible role which gives great insight on our Trade products suite, with diversity across our footprints and also has opportunity of engaging with Senior Management team within Transaction Banking. The role specifically requires enhancing the product control capabilities and to support transaction banking business in evolving regulatory environment. The role is focused on the following:
• Product Control activities for Trade finance.
• Financial Control and managing regulatory changes.
• Building the balance sheet management capabilities /RWA optimization
• Performance management with strong emphasis on Product and Client analytics
• Developing and enhancing Business Finance support to our Business Partners as well as network business
The roles involves significant business facing interaction and is suitable for an individual willing to leverage on their Trade finance knowledge to directly support and impact profitable and consistent business growth.
This role will require strong self starting and hands-on skills, innovation and willingness to work with minimal direct supervision. There is strong expectation that the selected individual will have the potential to raise the bar on performance by setting high quality standard in supporting highly demanding Transaction Banking business.
The outcome of the role is to develop an individual valued as true business partner and leader Key Roles & Responsibilities Product Control
- Review of the Trade product programs.
- Active participation in developing new booking model and ensure appropriate accounting flow.
- Review of existing booking model from accounting and the data standards and ensure consistency across
- Advising country/regional finance teams on accounting/booking model issues.
- Ensure that the revenues recognition is aligned to the recognition policies, IFRS and standard across the
- Close liaison with different teams across finance, technology, products and ensure trade is executed in
controlled environment. Financial Control
- Support finance agenda in new platform development to ensure appropriate information flow and policies into
financial reporting systems
- Be abreast with evolving regulatory changes and its impact on trade finance. Performance Management and Analytics
- Ongoing performance measurement of 3 key pillar of TB Business Model: Growth, Consistency, Profitability.
- Lead monthly Forecasting/Budgeting for TB business with effective MI and intelligence
- Proactive assessment of changes in liquidity, interest rate, fund transfer pricing situations and the impact Balance Sheet Management
- Act as key linkage with ALM (Liquidity Management) business finance to ensure alignment on FTP policies and
drive understanding of margin impacts in TB performance.
- Work with ALM to ensure Liabilities, Assets, Contingents and RWAs are managed efficiently. Direct Business Finance engagement for Global TB stakeholders
- Leverage relationship across network to ensure appropriate business finance support is provided to regional
and country Heads of TB
Qualifications & Skills
- Qualified Accountant with at least 8 years of business finance experience
- In depth Knowledge of trade finance related products and processes
- Highly proficient computer skills, including Excel and ability to manage and transform data into information
- Ability to work within a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners
- Ability to influence the business partners and identify opportunities to further leverage budgets/forecast targets
- Adept at handling multiple tasks at once and within an extremely deadline-driven environment
- Ability to demonstrate the Bank's values in achieving objectives
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .