- Supporting the delivery of core performance management processes including the monthly P&L estimates, updates on performance to the CCIB CFO, CCIB MT, and key stakeholders in Europe and Americas.
- Building insight and analytics capability using industry and competitor bank benchmarking.
- Support the decision-making analysis through the application of 'Performance Cell' Framework
- Partnering with business CFO and Regional teams, to drive insight into CCIB performance
- Supporting the formulation and coordination CCIB budget, Strategic Plans, Forecasts and reviews against actual performance with the Product, Regional, Group and Segment teams.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of key strategic business plans, deep dive and other requested analysis (e.g. RWA, cost savings initiatives) for CCIB.
- Prepare and coordinate information for presentations to the Board, investor communications, and external presentations by the CCIB CEO, CFO and Investor Relations teams.
- Work with the extended Finance team to deliver 5-year annual Corporate Plan, forecast and strategy
- Manage structural changes and budget restatements and reforecasts
- Prepare and coordinate information for presentations to the Board, investor communications, and external presentations
- Undertake detailed peer review and external benchmarking analysis, identifying areas of best practice and key focus areas
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Constantly challenge current MI and its relevance, drive simplification, standardization and create efficiencies on a regional basis
- Actively participate and contribute to digitization of CCIB MI in coordination with Central teams, accelerate the MI delivery timelines
- Active participation on Finance driven strategic change projects
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global Head of CCIB Performance Management
- Credit & Portfolio management team
- CCIB Product Finance team
- Regional Finance Team
- Group Treasury
- Group FP&A team
- Global Plan to Perform team
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ years of p rior experience in Finance or Treasury
- Strong knowledge and application of Strategic Cost Management and Business Analysis
- Relevant accounting / management qualification (such as MBA/ CA/CIMA / ACCA)
- Highly commercially aware and strong personality to enable change
- Strong Analytical and Strategic mindset coupled with a thorough understanding of the Banking Industry.
- Ability to understand and connect business drivers relevant to the Performance management processes.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task, lead through ambiguities and influence.
About Standard Chartered
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think laterally
- Non-hierarchical and collaborative team player
- Good communication skills combined with maturity and confidence to deal with senior business management and third parties.
- Strong organisational skills, flexibility with a sense of materiality and decision-making capability.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Group and CPBB
- Project Management skills to undertake and supervise/monitor multiple projects
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers