Head of Investment Asset Architecture & Control COE and AIAIM Operational Oversight
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
The IAAC COE is a centralized, specialist function which both contributes to the design and ensures adherence to AIA's Investment Asset Architecture (IAA). At a high level AIA's IAA requires the structuring of AIA Business Unit assets into Funds, Sub-Funds, Investment Portfolios and Sub-Portfolios, which are formalized and governed by mandates. The IAA also requires the implementation and ongoing maintenance of effective investment and process controls across the operational control environment.
The IAA forms part of the overall AIA Investment Operating Model and supports continuous improvement of the IAA specifically and the Investment Governance Framework ("IGF") generally with the objective of:
\tImplementing the concept of facilitated accountability);
\tSupporting the development for new/evolving investment capabilities (e.g. DSAA, TAA, derivatives, liquidity and portfolio management strategies);
\tProviding a platform for the 3 line of defence (3LOD) to function effectively and efficiently;
\tDeveloping analytics which provide insight in relation to controls, monitoring, assurance and reporting; and
\tDesigning and planning TDA projects to support implementation of demonstrable governance.
The IAAC COE provides support across AIA AMCs, Group Investment and AIA Business Units with respect to technical aspects of Investment Governance, including but not limited to:
\tMandates design & content;
\tMandate & Composite Controls;
\tIndex Selection & Approval;
\tAIA Investment Glossary interpretation;
\tAIA Asset Hierarchy;
\tPre-Trade Control Set-Up & Maintenance;
\tGroup-Wide Investment Limits; and
\tInvestment Authorised Person & Investment Approval Authorities.
The activities of the IAAC COE are within the overall design of the IAA and associated governance as expressed through the IGF.
This position is expected to provide leadership regarding the continuous enhancement of AIA's Investment Operating Model, the investment outcomes it furthers and its culture. Investment Asset Architecture and Controls
The position is responsible for:
- Managing the day to day priorities, activities and deliverables of the IAAC COE located at AIAIM (Singapore) and IAAC Pre-Trade Support in Malaysia Shared Services ("MYOSS") in Cyberjaya, Malaysia;
- Managing the administration and implementation of the control framework in response to change and development of AIA's IAA by facilitating the structuring of AIA Business Unit assets into Funds, Sub-Funds, Investment Portfolio and Sub-Portfolios as formalized and governed by mandates and overseeing the effective control for composites to ensure compliance with GIPS performance reporting and to ensure alignment with the IGF Standard on Asset architecture;
- Providing management input to relevant initiatives across the AIA Investment function with respect to, consolidated breach and error analytics for the quarterly Group Investment Committee and other governing bodies and the greater application of technology to enhance the robustness and efficiency of processes and controls designed to address operational, compliance and regulatory risks;
- Overseeing the implementation and continuous improvement of the systems, process for pre and post trade controls, post trade monitoring from within Malaysia Shared Services ("MYOSS") in Cyberjaya, Malaysia;
- Communicating and collaborating with the Investment Consultancy Unit, Group Investment Governance and Group Capital Management with respect to the and administration of the Investment operational control environment to facilitate capital management and ALM objectives;
- Providing ongoing input to the AIA Investment Governance Framework ("IGF") so as to facilitate the IGF's continuous improvement in support of AIA's strategic goals;
- Acting as an advocate for the IGF with respect to Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit functions in support of monitoring, assurance and audit within the three lines of defense approach to risk management;
- Support the development and ongoing requirements of the SICAV Funds Platform and other AIA internal collective investment schemes, specifically with regards to ensuring that robust controls and monitoring are applied to the investment objectives, guidelines and restrictions set out in the prospectus or as required under applicable laws to meet internal and regulatory (Luxembourg's and other relevant regulators') requirements.
- Managing interactions with stakeholders inside and outside AIA Investment to achieve the above, including efficient, robust and demonstrable monitoring, assurance and audit activities. Note : IAA is integrated with the overarching controls and governance architecture(s) designed and administered by Group Investment Governance, Group Risk & Compliance, Group Finance and Group IT;
- Promoting the ongoing enhancement of AIA's culture regarding governance, risk and compliance with respect to the AIA Investment Operating Model;
- Overseeing the Implementation of projects and initiatives furthering development of the AIA Investment Operating Model with respect to data, breach and error analytics and the greater application of technology to enhance the robustness and efficiency of AIA's processes and controls addressing operational, compliance and regulatory risks.
- Providing support on projects and initiatives as requested.
- Internal feedback from stakeholders, specifically those stakeholders within Group Investment Governance, Investment Consultancy Unit, Group Risk & Compliance and Group Capital Management.
- Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance assessments of AIA Investment Governance Control environment;
- Delivery against defined objective targets for Projects; and
The successful build-out of the following analytics:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Monthly enterprise-wide metrics to support thematic reporting for all investment breaches and errors, aimed at achieving the identification, facilitation and continuous improvement of the Investment Operational Control Environment and support quarterly reporting to the Group Investment Committee;
- Quarterly enterprise-wide pre-trade control automation reporting status updates utilizing the Governing Documents as documented within Confluence.
- Regular and substantive communication with senior, cross functional stakeholders in AIA's Group Corporate Centre, all AMCs and Business Units.
- Regular dialogue with senior members of the Group Investment Management Team, Group Investment Governance, Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit team members regarding:
- the design, administration and continuous improvement of the AIA Investment Controls; and
- initiatives furthering development of the AIA Investment Operating Model with respect to data, breach and error analytics and the greater application of technology to enhance the robustness and efficiency of AIA's processes and controls addressing operational, compliance and regulatory risks.
- Influencing and management skills over and above technical matters.
- At least 15 years of related Asset Management Compliance, Audit and/or Financial Risk Management experience.
- Experience managing a team with a variety of functional areas and technical elements.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills;
- Chartered Financial Analyst or similar qualifications would be viewed favourably.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to deal with and handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Project and change management experience.
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Independent and strong self-initiative.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Spoken and written Chinese a plus.
This is a regional position providing support to, and oversight of, all of the AIA group of companies.
Candidate is expected to work independently without direct supervision.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.