About the role
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're making this happen by constantly looking for ways to improve our customers' financial wellbeing so they can achieve incredible things - whether they're buying a home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
As the Head of Lending Services International you will be critical to making this happen and will be responsible for delivering against the Lending Services Purpose and Strategic Pillars - Customer Experience, Staff Experience, Trusted Advisor and Well Managed. You will be responsible for managing the Bank's high risk and impaired international customers. Leading a small and very experienced team, you will develop and execute workout and remediation strategies, manage provisions and manage an extensive network of both internal and external stakeholders. You will actively contribute to established forums designed to identify and address customers with deteriorating risks. As an outstanding leader and influencer, you will create clarity for your team and drive a culture of excellence, integrity, trust, continuous learning and growth.
With the customer experience at the heart of everything you do, you will be responsible for achieving exceptional outcomes for the customer and the Bank and help drive innovation and simplification within Lending Services and the broader Risk Function. This is a leadership role within Lending Services and as a collaborative leader you lead by example and advocate sharing knowledge across Lending Services and the broader Group.
Your key priorities and responsibilities will include:
- Management of provisions and costs, including driving efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement of customer outcomes;
- Oversight and management of credit risk within expressed risk tolerances aligned to strategic and business objectives;
- Robust portfolio management (including adherence to our well managed framework);
- Credit Quality - identify problems early and keep key internal stakeholders briefed as appropriate;
- Building and maintaining a collegiate and collaborative working relationship with Business counterparts;
- Effective management of conflict to resolve issues in a professional manner without compromising Lending Services standards;
- Maintain sound relationships with leaders in the insolvency profession (accountancy and legal) and utilise the most appropriate professionals in each particular situation;
- Making sound decisions based on quality analysis on a timely basis with accuracy in risk grades in line with Group Risk principles and policy;
- Being committed to empowering teams by inspiring, mentoring and coaching; and
- Advocate and role model a strong risk culture ensuring compliance with all key obligations, policies and procedures.
Singapore Role Type:
Full time, Permanent What will you bring?
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Solid working experience within Banking/Financial services industry with broad knowledge of banking products;
- Proven experience in demonstrating sound credit judgement in significant transactions whilst in a senior Lending Services or Relationship role;
- Strong credit and analytical skills;
- Strong client facing experience and stakeholder management skills;
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills; and
- Loan workout experience will be well regarded but not essential.
You're not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture, so if you have most of these things in your toolbox, we'd love to hear from you. About ANZ
This is an exciting time to be a leader within one of Australia's biggest banks as we take advantage of the rapid change and disruption of traditional banking business models.
As a Purpose-led bank, we've committed to delivering commercial and societal outcomes across environmental sustainability, financial wellbeing and housing affordability. We deliver these sustainability commitments with our customers, in our business and across the communities where we operate.
Our culture is critical to making this happen so that we can adapt, evolve, and to flourish over the long term. That's why ask our people to focus on three key things: Creating Opportunities, Delivering What matters and Succeeding Together .
We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching so that they can help their teams focus on these things too, helping them to grow and succeed in their roles.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.careers.anz.com. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 18800 Job Posting End Date
3 April 2023, 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)