- Jan 26, 2023
- S$20-24k pm
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global MNC Bank who is well known for their Corporate lending business and Financial Markets.
The Singapore team is looking for a senior hire to lead the Operational Risk Management team, covering the regional Asia portfolio. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, you will be expected to lead a team of non-financial risk managers across mutiple locations in Asia. The team objective is to challenge, advise, support and perform research for the benefit of management and 1st Line of Defence (1LoD) in the development, definition and implementation of Operational Risk Management in Asia. The team will ensure the 1LoD operates in accordance with internal policies and standards, and ensure that 1LoD becomes an integral part of business operations, with the aim of managing Operational Risks for the business.
Role and responsibilities
- Identify risks in conjunction with business management and the 1LoD, with due regard for the interests of parties involved (bank, customer, third parties).
- Investigate risks and events, conduct desk research, research individual cases and make an analysis. Helps prioritise risks and perform assessments in conjunction with management.
- Guide and support 1LoD in implementing risk mitigation plans.
- Encourage risk awareness and a sense of responsibility among management and employees in relation to Operational Risk.
- Advise and assist in the implementation of new and updated Operational Risk policies, procedures and measures.
- Point of contact for the reporting of and for queries relating to Operational Risk events and issues.
- Check that the 1LoD is complying with Risk Appetite, and that Operational Risks are being managed and escalated where necessary.
- Monitor progress in Risk Mitigation activities, create reports and feed back to management of the business unit, second line and Operational Risk functional line.
- Maintain the framework and manage it as a basis for operational activities.
- Advise 1LoD on Operational Risk framework, policy and minimum standards.
- Communicate policy and guidelines to management and employees.
- Consult, advise and support 1LoD on Operational Risk set-up, procedures and measures.
- Challenge, advise and help 1LoD in the field of Operational Risk queries and the application of various Operational Risk aspects within daily operations.
- Identify and monitor relevant developments in the field, both within and outside the organisation, and incorporate findings in policy and procedures.
- Support running of Asia Non-Financial Risk Committee chaired by Chief Risk Officer.
- Degree or above with major in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years' relevant Operational Risk Management experience preferably in financial institution
- Ability to analyze, collate and understand the business requirements
- Strong organizing and project management skills
- Ability to lead and drive projects and initiatives
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work on own initiative
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills who is able to work well with others
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932