The job holder will support the:
Creation of a high performing team capable of supporting the strategic plans of ABC in Asia
Development and deployment of operational best practices using recognised industry concepts e.g. Lean / Six Sigma as well as Trade Finance industry knowledge to increase process efficiency whilst minimising operational risks,
Implementation of Key Performance metrics to drive a consistent, rigorous and on-going assessment of the team’s operational performance,
Manage the branch’s outsourced activity to ensure operational resilience and regulatory requirements are met.
Delivery of strategic change initiatives across ABC Singapore in accordance with the priorities agreed by the ABC Group Mancom.
Implement and manage the branch’s Business Continuity Management framework.
Manage Head Office’s IT service providers to adhere to MAS’ Technology Risk Management requirements.
1.To build a high performing Operations team supported by robust succession plans.
2.Ensure that all work processed by the Operations team adheres to all specified Bank processes, procedures, standards and relevant external requirements.
3.Contribute to the development of a Target Operating Model for Group Trade Finance activities.
4.Develop and implement tools and techniques to identify changes that may be required to processes, procedures and or practices in order to support the strategic objectives of Group.
5.Build and deploy standard business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure that there is high quality Management Information available on all products with particular attention to Staff Productivity, Errors, Discrepancies and Service Level adherence.
• Managing, motivating, coaching and developing team members so that individual and collective performance meets the standards required.
• Leading the appraisal process within the team, collecting and keeping appropriate data.
• Ensuring effective communication and dissemination of appropriate information to all staff.
• Recommending and implementing changes to the way in which the team operates in order to improve service quality and process efficiency.
• Maintaining up-to-date awareness of market conditions and developments to ensure that best practice is adopted where required.
• Managing relationships with key stakeholders in Front Office, Risk, Compliance, HR, Finance and Head Office.
• Assessing management information reports, identifying risks and issues and briefing senior managers on major implications for change projects.
• Identifying and assessing trends in issues and workflow, investigating further when appropriate and implementing changes or co-ordinating support from other parties to resolve matters and minimise the risk of re-occurrence.
• Managing and delivering change initiatives.
• Working with team leaders to embed changes within the Operations team and branch.