Head of Production Management, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Key Accountabilities
- Ensuring teams are equipped appropriately;
- 24/7 monitoring and support processes including right accesses to production (and pre-production) environments
- Lead support engineers and drive up service delivery capability within the teams regionally
- Driving synergies and collaboration across all applications within Consumer Finance
- Will leverage agile reporting, showcases, KPIs, SLAs, OLIs, financials and other artefacts to ensure transparency and alignment across stakeholders.
- Engaging relevant SMEs from all areas (e.g., architecture, design, development) to ensure teams are delivering short and long-term goals and ensuring technical excellence and quality including (automated) real-time performance updates.
- Improve systems and applications stability
- Improve mean time to recovery for incidents and meet critical application availability targets
- Identify and drive opportunities for service improvement
- Sponsor innovation in solving problems
- Drive the implementation of Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) and Chaos Engineering design for all strategic systems
- Scope includes all systems components (applications and supporting infrastructure) supporting the Consumer Finance platform
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Manage high severity incidents with customer impact with focus of recovering services as soon as possible
- Drive root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem incidents
- Manage activities to ensure availability of applications meets SLAs
- Manage business volumes against IT resources allocated to ensure adequate capacity
- Manage patch management strategy
- Manage certificate and encryption key renewals
- Manage direct reports, ensuring correct performance metrics are set and regular interventions are in place to achieve quality outcomes
- Drive continuous improvement within the teams
- Significant and solid experience in application support across banking applications
- At least 10 years + of working experience within a technology organization
- Experience driving major transformation programmes for production resilience and performance, and client experience
- Strong understanding of any one on payments, cards, unsecured lending, core banking, customer management domain
- Prior knowledge on Cards systems and Modules on mainframe, vision+
- Good understanding of Core Java 8, Cloud Foundry (or equivalent), Amazon Web Services (or equivalent), relational and non-relational databases, and Linux, Unix systems
- Experience in Agile and Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performant systems.
- Experience with managing cloud architecture based environment is highly desired.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to simplify and clearly communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Experience of leading, coaching, mentoring and managing technical teams
- Strong problem solving, analytical, priority setting, facilitation and multi-tasking skills
- Solid experience within Technology and Application Support
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal reasoning and communication skills
- Ability to lead teams (direct and matrix managed)
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries, leverage networks and drive solutions
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.