Head of Reputational Risk - APAC
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The Risk Division acts as guardian of the Bank's risk appetite and provides effective independent risk oversight by running well-controlled risk processes, including Reputational Risk. Understanding risks at all times and ensuring that our risk is deployed in a balanced and efficient way is a cornerstone of our overall stability.
The Head of Reputational Risk for Asia Pacific ("HRR-APAC") will support the APAC Divisional Chief Credit Officer ("APAC DCCO")
HRR-APAC will run the Review Process (the "RRRP") for risks originating in or impacting and will ensure that there is a robust process of challenge and business partners discussion / consultation on Reputational Risk (RR) issues prior to providing a well-articulated assessment and recommendation to the Group CRO
The RRRP is the process by which the Bank evaluates reputational risk and determines whether, and if so, on what basis, to pursue or execute a particular action or transaction; it is further defined in the Global Policy (GP-00103)
We seek an HRR-APAC who will :
- Report to the APAC DCCO.
- Be the principal Reputational Risk Approver ("RRA"). There may be additional RRAs in the Division, but HRR-APAC will have primary responsibility for overall RRRP for the APAC Division, will be responsible for the management of the RRRP, including raising issues appropriately and feedback processes.
- Prepare recommendations to the Group CRO/global Committee for decision
- Provide training on the RR Policy and decision making framework to front office and support functions
- Manage and have supervisory responsibility for the rest of the employees in the APAC Rep Risk function.
- Will set up processes to ensure: timely response and appropriate review of initial reputational risk enquiries, deal teams are guided on appropriate policies, procedures and, as applicable, subject matter specialists, and the right issue protocols are followed
- Supervise and manage the RRRP workload and prioritize urgent submissions as well as advise other APAC RRAs in the assessment of rep risk pre-consultations and submissions
- Ensure that submissions approved with conditions are tracked and closed and there is full adherence to the policy
- Collaboratively coordinate with the Reputational Risk teams globally to: Ensure consistency of approach, sharing of ideas and implementation of initiatives, participate in local or global initiatives, stay current on trending matters in the media related to CS's businesses
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- An Undergraduate Degree in a relevant field
- Strong and relevant experience in financial services - ideally in Compliance / Legal / Risk Management in a decision-making role and can act confidently when communicating with senior management
- A practical common sense approach with strong risks and controls mind-set. Advanced and outstanding knowledge in Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint).
- Well organized, can multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and ability to analyse complex information and identify key issues
- A quick learner with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, excellent writing skills and overall good verbal communication skills in English as you will liaise with teams globally
- Dedicated, hardworking who can deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards