Head of Solution Architecture (Executive Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Build your career with Bank of Singapore as a Head of Solution Architecture
in our IT Architecture Team
The Head, Solution Architecture is the primary owner for all activities that relate to the development of Technology solutions, interfacing with Business Analysts, Technology Engineering and Service Delivery teams as well as Technology vendors to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, deliverable and comply with agreed strategy, quality standards and governance. By managing a diverse team of Solution Architects, from various disciplines, he/she will drive overall solution definition and specification, utilizing and coordinating all specialist resources where and when needed, always ensuring the solution optimizes the bank's objectives and business needs. Responsibilities
- As a member of the core Technology Leadership team, lead the Solution Architecture function and directly contributing to the running of the overall IT function.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of the appropriate enterprise architectural frameworks within which the bank can operate and develop IT capability to ensure maximum return on investment and consistency with business strategic directions.
- Directly accountable for the development of fit for purpose solutions delivered on time and budget and enabling the agreed business benefits. This means also being responsible for ensuring that the organisation's policies, procedures and strategy are adhered to without unduly restricting core business requirements; balancing solution governance, capability and value.
- Actively participate and work with the teams to understand business and functional design requirements and to review and validate the proposed architecture and design during solutioning and project execution
- Oversee architecture governance processes and committees as part of architecture reviews
- Manages relationships with stakeholders across the business and technology community to ensure delivery of required solutions development. This includes getting timely inputs/outputs of required third party suppliers into the solution design and estimation.
- Responsible for management, personal and technical skills development of all team members in the Technology Solutions function.
- Work with Technology Engineering and Application teams to ensure through adequate system design and testing that Technology operations risks can be minimized and that application data is appropriately structured, controlled and utilized within the business. This involves identifying technical implementation risks and providing mitigation strategies.
- Work with the relevant IT leads to ensure the appropriate level of resources and technical competency is available to complete timely delivery of solutions development.
- Apply technical best practices to work, constantly explore new technology & methodologies to deliver high quality solutions.
For all headhunters / recruitment firms, any CVs received without a formal agreement will be unsolicited and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
- Degree in an IT related discipline.
- 20+ years of IT experience including over 10 years of experience in a similar enterprise architecture or solution architecture role, with excellent track record of delivery. Private banking domain knowledge is preferred.
- Systems engineering background in a complex environment
- Able to lead and motivate teams across multiple technology disciplines (e.g. Enterprise Architecture, Requirements Management, Service Design Solutions, Design Solution build/configuration, Solution Test, Data Management, Database Management).
- Awareness of all technical disciplines within the Solutions Development arena to the level of being able to effectively challenge proposed technical solutions and project timelines
- Experienced in leading delivery using a formal Systems Development Life Cycle methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Able to identify opportunities for business reengineering and leading rapid improvement events to drive down business transaction times and improve business processes.
- Preferably ITIL Certified and a skilled IT Professional with international experience with a broad background and highly transferable skills covering many areas of technology and business management, including Program Management, IT Management, Vendor Management, Back office Operations / Business Management and Infrastructure / Data Centre Management.
- Excellent people management skills, with experience in leading international project teams.