Head of Treasury Services - ASEAN Region - Managing Director - Singapore Based
JPMorgan Chase & Co - is a global financial services powerhouse with assets of US$2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Treasury Services (TS) - the world's largest cash management provider -- moves, concentrates and invests client money, and provides trade finance solutions. TS products include payments, collections, trade finance, investments, and information services that help companies manage working capital and liquidity. The business, which operates in more than 40 countries, is the world's largest U.S. dollar clearer, processing an average of $3.2 trillion in fund transfers each day. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their cash business to J.P. Morgan. Position Summary
The South East Asia region represents a core revenue base for the business and a key booking location for business between Asia and the rest of the world and therefore has considerable growth potential over the next 5 years. The Head of Treasury Services ASEAN will play a critical role in developing and executing the TS business strategy for South East Asia by owning and delivering against revenues, sales, profitability and market share targets and we are looking for an inspirational leader with considerable Transaction Banking experience to drive this business forward. Core Responsibilities:
• Overall responsibility for the TS business in the South East Asia region, which represents a core revenue base for the business in the region and a key booking location for business between Asia and the rest of the world and therefore has considerable growth targets over the next 5 years.
• Provide oversight to the TS business in South East Asia and defining the strategic objectives for the TS business in partnership with the global product companies and TS regional segment executives.
• Overseeing the TS sales function in South East Asia to ensure sales targets are met and all cross selling opportunities are realized.
• Build and maintain relationships with key partners in other lines of business such as Markets and Investor Services, Corporate Bank, Commercial Bank and Investment Bank (IB) to generate leads and maximize cross-sell of TS products and bundled solutions.
• Conduct deal review/management meetings with core deal team members and other functions to ensure coordinated management of client relationships and transition to implementation at deal closure
• Representing TS with key clients and at appropriate external regional based market/industry forums and regulators.
• Ensuring smooth running of the TS business across the locations by maintaining oversight of key operating functions in addition to sales: Operations, Technology, Risk, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Regulatory & Compliance
• Work with the product companies to prioritise investments for the TS business in these markets in partnership other Lines of business
• Managing the TS country governance model in South East Asia working closely with the local Senior Country Officers.
• Forming and chairing a South East Asia TS management committee and representing these locations at the TS regional management committee and JPMC Country committees in South East Asia.
• Participating in developing the region's people agenda with accountability for driving talent acquisition in South East Asia.
• Ensuring corporate and regional TS programs are implemented across the region.
• Ensure strong Sales Risk Management compliance (Know your Client (KYC), Reputational Risk) and adherence to client relevant Audit, Credit, Compliance and Risk policies. Your Background:
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
• Broad based knowledge/experience in Transaction Banking, Cash Management or Trade Finance.
• An inspirational leader who can manage multiple projects and/or disciplines with a successful background in developing and implementing strategic initiatives in both a competitive and changing environment
• A strong business understanding of the South East Asia region
• Proven management skills ideally in multiple disciplines (i.e. Sales, Client Management, Product, Operations, Risk, Legal, Finance)
• Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organisation
• Experience performing a role at Managing Director level
• Profit and Loss management experience which provides a level of understanding of the challenges of the TS businesses across the region
• Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
• Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to build a network and develop strong working relationships quickly