FM Competitive Pricing - ING Pricing Platform Job description
Financial Markets Competitive Pricing is looking for an enthusiastic experienced IT Engineer for our in-house developed Financial Markets Pricing & Risk platform. With your passion for Financial Markets and engineering skills you ensure and support a stable, secure and performing critical Financial Markets pricing and risk application, allowing Global Market Risk users and Traders to perform pre-deal pricing, EoD portfolio calculations of valuation adjustment, Market Risk simulations (e.g. VaR, MI, Bilateral Margining) all driven by new ECB regulation as well as advanced Risk analysis on the derivative product portfolio of Financial Markets (interest rates, credits, foreign exchange).
You and your squad will be delivering key components spread over ING Pricing Architecture (IPA) and FlexING squads of competitive pricing area in ING Financial Markets. They will be the key platforms in the IT landscape for our global dealing rooms, with teams cooperating towards one Financial Markets IT landscape. Our Purpose
Exposing seamless pricing and risk solutions, providing consistent pre-deal insights and effective portfolio position management meeting all regulatory requirements by the ECB the NFA and Asian regulators. Your day-to-day
Together with your IT colleagues in Singapore, Amsterdam, Bucharest, Brussels you will:
• Monitor, support and run the IPA service consisting of multiple components such as the in-memory Trade Store (java based, apache ignite, Linux technologies, distributed systems architecture) as well as the Calculation/Risk Engine, the Static Data Manager, the workflow Orchestrator and the Post Processing application.
• Support and run an in-house platform used by Traders and Risk managers to provide commercial pricing and assess the market risks linked to the Exotic Interest Rates Derivative products ( java based, windows technologies, distributed systems architecture as well as the Calculation/Risk Engine )
• Take care of incident management, and root cause analysis in case of unavailability and data quality issues. You communicate directly with users (Traders, Credit/Market Risk Managers) on this from Amsterdam, London, Brussels, New York and Singapore.
• Implement and work with the latest tooling with a strong focus on performance, stability and security
• Find opportunities to automate the testing of existing features, performance and security as well as the automation of deployments, monitoring, and more. This is a key responsibility of the Operations Engineers.
• IT Risk & security controls need to be put in place and accurately documented, for this you will need to get familiar and keep up to date with the ING Information Security Management Policy.
• Continuous deployment and delivery using Ansible, TFS, Gitlab, Artifactory and many other IT technologies.
• Through Agile/Scrum you bring live new sprint releases every 2-4 weeks to UAT and Production.
We expect you to be responsible and take ownership. Be open, honest, communicate clearly (in scrum ceremonies and also outside) and most importantly be eager to learn and proactively improve, yourself, the team and the ecosystem around you. What you bring to the team
• A University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of software engineering experience
• A customer focus, with the mindset to find and resolve root causes of incidents to structurally improve the customer experience.
• IT Operations/Support experience, including Functional support to end users (such as Traders, Risk Managers, Collateral Managers but could be in another domain/field) combined with analytical skills to identify root causes in workflows incidents (data, technical, functional).
• Proficient in Oracle 12c, SQL Server, Datasynapse Gridserver, Apache Ignite(grid gain), Java 7/8, web server configurations (Jboss/tomcat), PL/SQL or T-SQL, Python , Linux, Scripting, windows powershell etc
• Familiarity with tools like Confluence, Jira, Fortify, Jenkins, Maven etc
• Experience or affinity with IT Risk & Security concepts
• A good team player, cross functional, enjoys interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment
• Good communication skills, in English