See job description for details
The IT Manager
is responsible for the managing and implementing of medium scale IT projects on agile platform as well as streamlining solutions toward the alignment IT architect with quality, within scope and to ensure deliverables are on time and conform to processes and standards meeting customer's requirements. The incumbent is also responsible for projects resource scheduling, tracking, risk management and quality assurance. Responsibilities:
- Analyze and document requirements by liaising with users and managers, drawing together information needs across a distributed organization.
- Establish and prepare project plans, risk management plans, project milestones and deliverables in consultation with business users and architect/designer
- Manage the implementation of the project on a daily basis with regard to schedules, budget, manpower and quality.
- Manage the scope definition and change control mechanism
- Escalate and discuss project overrun issues, scope creep, integration issues, resource requirements with Project Director.
- Manage integration of various components of the project including hardware, software installation, testing, business process review, redesign, application development, migration and data conversion etc.
- Manage project activities to ensure timely delivery, including identification of critical path, monitoring and driving completion of interdependent activities and adjustment to project schedules to achieve overall completion deadline.
- Manage resources including hardware, software, human resource facilities and logistics required for project so as to ensure completion within budget.
- Review project documentation to ensure that it meets customers requirement and conforms to quality management process, standards and procedures to minimize rework and system failures.
- Define project resources, performance reviews and post implementation evaluations.
Customer/ Vendor Management
- Negotiate with vendors and across teams to ensure adequate resources are available during various phases of the project.
- Build relationships with users, technical staff and management to determine and resolve issues associated with systems implementation.
- Manage contracts and subcontractors.
- Negotiate with customers on change request effort, schedules and prioritize changes based on business needs.
- Ensure clear and open communication with customers on project issues or clarifications.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Liaise with team members to ensure that all tasks and deliverables are proceeding according to schedule.
- Plan, track and monitor the tasks assigned to the team leader/ members.
- Delegate tasks effectively by providing clear and specific instructions and goals.
- Provide leadership to the project team to ensure that proposals/enhancements are fully analysed and evaluated for their benefits and costs.
- Provide the project team with accurate information about business needs and priorities as well as details about existing business systems.
- Participate in performance management activities by monitoring, providing performance feedback and improving team performance.
- Provide leadership and developmental coaching.
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 12 years of IT project management experience.
- Experience in managing Agile development web and mobile applications.
- Professional certifications in CITPM, PMI, PMP or PRINCE2 is a plus.
- Self-motivated with a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Creative with excellent presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills including strong persuasive techniques.
- Able to lead, develop and maintain respectful and trusting relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Mandarin (written and verbal) so as to communicate with colleagues and customers based in Mainland China.