- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Implementation LeadAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Manage the execution, tracking and controlling of projects and initiatives assigned to the project team. This involves leading, providing guidance and working closely with the other members of the project team in delivering key project work items that include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop appropriate phased implementation strategies across geographies and business units
- Provide project management oversight across the project lifecycle in coordination with the team head, control and monitor progress, and apply corrective actions to address plan deviations
- Closely manage and control project costs and ensure it is within budget
- Engage stakeholders across geographies, functions, and segments to build support and coordinate execution of project deliverables and outcomes.
- Address stakeholder inquiries in a timely and responsive manner
- Support the team head in the planning, coordination, and preparation of regular updates and presentations to senior stakeholders, working committees, and governance bodies; co-author memos and white papers
- Effectively lead the project team in delivering critical work tasks assigned by the project manager in a timely manner and in the expected quality
- Collaborate with the team to develop the overall team strategy and targets
- Provide active inputs into strategy development sessions for areas of subject matter expertise
- Drive alignment of unit's deliverables and activities to the overall project, team strategy and roadmap
- Providing thought leadership on solutions and collaborating across team and functional lines
- Fully understand and align the project team and all work items to Risk Technology and Paxata CoE agenda and how their work supports these
- Contribute to the overall cost management agenda by consistent monitoring and highlighting areas of the project delivery where cost can be further controlled/reduced
- Drive operational efficiency and effectiveness for processes and projects under area of responsibility
- Leading through example by upholding high standards of excellence, ethics & code of conduct, governance and risk awareness, and stakeholder partnership & collaboration
- Enable other team members to function optimally within the team and align the whole team to the overall project and team objectives
- Maintain the performance and competence of the team through standard hiring practices, clear guidance and feedback, training & mentorship, conducting fair and transparent performance evaluations, and staff upskilling as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate hiring and management of all non-employed workers and management of agency concentration risks
- Ensuring the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Formulating and monitoring job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Maintain a culture of risk awareness and proactive resolution. Identify project/operational risks & issues and communicate them to the relevant people in a timely manner - assist with proposing & planning mitigating steps as appropriate
- Review, validate and store all project input and output data in alignment to the established information management & security and ORF guidelines for the generation of reports/execution of processes
- Uphold for self and staff managed SCB group standards and governance, code of conduct, and risk management including relevant project management standards and best practices, information management principles, and business analysis industry standards
- Align self and staff managed and establish awareness/understanding of the Group regulatory framework, the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Contribute to the preparation and circulation of regular project execution updates to all relevant stakeholders and address issues or clarifications in a timely manner
- Ensure self and all staff managed complete all mandatory training and learning activities
- Lead by example; display exemplary conduct and live by the SCB Code of Conduct and Values by demonstrating compliance on all relevant aspects of the role
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, for self and managed staff. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct
- Contributing to the team in achieving the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identifying, escalating, mitigating, and resolving risk, conduct, and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong project management skills; experience in implementation / execution of projects
- Project Management Certification (PMP, CSM etc)
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ownership of issues
- Ability to think laterally and outside the box; able to conceptualize and articulate requirements
- Ability to make good / sound decision and use independent judgement
- Highly effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Knowledge of Six Sigma or similar process improvement methodologies
- Degree or diploma qualified with a preference in a Business or Technology discipline
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.