Incident Management Analyst
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovatorslike you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million smallbusinesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services thatcover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending,mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Thisgroup is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobileapplications, digital experiences and next generation banking technologysolutions to better serve our clients and customers.
Working in Application Support means you'll use bothcreative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that arecrucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively inteams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: designor programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as theyarise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment,maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologiesand risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally-and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
As part of the Incident Management team,you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain applicationsystems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaborativelyin teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus:design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues asthey arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing,deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecyclemethodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity todevelop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
Work Load Coordination:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purposeprogramming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages andskills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset todesign, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams anddevelop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Own and drive incident managementbridge calls and chats with production management, application development,infrastructure teams, and senior leadership with the purpose of remediatingcustomer impacting incidents quickly.
- Establishing strong command andcontrol of an Incident, establishing clear accountability and methodicalevaluation of complex issue scenarios.
- Competent and reliable adherence tocritical process and procedure, and appropriate escalations in support ofproduction incidents.
- Applying technical andenvironmental knowledge and experience to develop and drive appropriate workstreams, forming paths to resolution.
- Distribution of clear and concise communications, summarizingincidents and the business/customer experience to a wide group of technical andnon-technical audiences.
- Provide detailed notes of highly visible production issues (P1level tickets) on a timely basis to the production support staff and executivemanagement.
- Ensure incident data is accurately captured and documented in theincident recording tools.
- Priming appropriate materials and follow ups to hand-off to theRoot Cause Analysis phase in the Problem Management process.
- Provideadditional support for any quarterly releases, conversions or projects asrequired.
- Provide first level triage of new incidents and performcorrelation of events
- Assign Incident Managers to all Major Incidents
- Be the point of contact between different Production AssuranceCenters
- Manage resources to ensure the most effective use of personnel
- Providehigh level Air Traffic Control of the production environment
This rolerequires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 5+ years of relevant experiencewithin a technology environment is required
- Incident management experience
- Extensive customer service and clientinteraction skills
- Experience conducting root causeanalysis, documenting findings, and designing plans to rectify productionissues
- Possess critical thinking andtroubleshooting skills.
- Ability to think and actindependently to resolve production issues.
- Must display a history of achievinggoals in a high performance environment.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a fastpaced environment utilizing multiple tools.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal andwritten communication skills necessary to work effectively with a variety ofindividuals and organizations
- Advanced PC skills includingMicrosoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Able to work a 12 hour shift patternas determined by the hiring manager (work schedule will include a weekend).
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire peopleto create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial servicesindustry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.