The Role Responsibilities
"An innovation coach
partners with his/her clients through the entire Intrapreneur process in a thought-provoking and creative way that inspires and equips clients to maximize their ability to innovate."
The Innovation Coach works with senior stakeholders, business units and clients to help incubate new ideas and solve real business problems by applying the SC Ventures approach. This includes human centred design, lean start-up, agile techniques and lean governance through to implementation of an internal solution, client co-creation or venture set up.
- The Innovation Coach is primarily required to support SC Ventures' Intrapreneurs. Responsibilities include:
- Empowering Intrapreneurs and potential Intrapreneurs to bring innovation and opportunities to SCB and SCV
- Working directly with clients (Intrapreneurs) to understand their innovation strategies and determine shared opportunities
- Leading Innovation Bootcamps for Intrapreneurs/Venture teams leveraging a combination of Human Centred Design and Lean Start-Up techniques to refine business propositions and create client centric solutions.
- Coaching teams on their journey to pitching in front an audience of senior stakeholders for additional support through:
- Engaging with Intrapreneurs to introduce them to the Program and orient them to the Intrapreneur process
- Advising Intrapreneurs throughout the process as required
- When necessary, communicating project closure (where we will not proceed) to Intrapreneurs
- Coaching Intrapreneurs through Dragon's Den (and beyond)
- Conducting ethnographic research to validate the business case
- Building out Proof of Concepts (PoCs) - creating prototypes, working with fintechs and connecting with other relevant internal and external parties
- Providing continuous feedback and guidance to help the teams to deliver a robust and credible pitch and presentation to their key decision makers
- Following successful pitches, support the execution of PoCs through to production
- For Venture teams - help teams grow to the Pre-Seed Funding sessions across all their strategic vectors including value proposition, business model mapping, fund raising etc.
- Bring a high level of business acumen and commercial understanding to help teams explore and build out their financial narrative
- Provide guidance in aspects of team building, talent, risk and communication considerations.
- Facilitating innovation driven workshops internally and externally. Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with key stakeholders across different business areas leveraging Human Centred Design/Agile techniques to help solve internal business challenges
- Leveraging Stakeholder relationships, networks and understanding of Bank business
- Helping to lead client co creation activities including:
- Crafting relevant problem statements
- Supporting RMs with clients
- Building empathy for customers
- Driving fit for purpose, client centric solutions by using design thinking methods to apply a new lens to the ideation environment
- Transforming bank culture by promoting and pioneering new ways of working and supporting the future fit initiative through:
Ideal qualifications and experience:
- Leading Human Centred Design Practitioner Courses
- Using digital collaboration tools (Mural, Trello etc.) and equipping other colleagues with skills to enable them to become champions for change in a virtual environment
- Representing SC Ventures as thought leaders on Intrapreneurship, new ways of working and design thinking/behavioural science at events
- LUMA Human Centred Design Instructor Qualification
- Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner Certification
- 3+ years experience of leading and delivering training
- SCV Intrapreneur Certification within 6 months of joining the team; annual certification
- Facilitation experience
- Project or Business Change Management methodologies knowledge
- Strong Bank product knowledge in at least one business area
- Business owner or founder and / or participation in Intrapreneur or Ventures teams
- Holistic understanding of different business areas across Financial Institutions/first-hand experience of working within one or more business unit(s)
About SC Ventures
- Regional Management Teams
- Transformation Teams and Change Agents
- Core business areas (CPBB, CCIB)
- Group services (Risk, Legal, Compliance)
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator Lab, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting intrapreneurs and their ideas, collaborating with fintech's through the SCV Fintech Bridge and engaging with clients and co-creation ideas
The Investment Fund ("Fund"), tasked to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group
Venture building, with the objective of exploring new business models ("ventures"), in the way it engages existing new customers and markets.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco.