Instrument and Pricing Reference Data Analyst
JPMorgan Chase& Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assetsof $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leaderin investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business andcommercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, andprivate equity.
GlobalReference Data Operations (GRDO) is one of the top priorities across the ChiefAdministrative Office. Our team will help the company evolve to a moreintegrated data management strategy, which is globally consistent andusable for business, finance, risk and regulatory requirements. Our processesand systems associated with the production and consumption of reference dataare managed by a number of areas, in a variety of ways. As such,the Firm wide Data Management Executive Committee has agreed to establish acentralized technology and operations team that will be responsible formanaging enterprise reference data, including the Financial, Instrument,Product, Pricing, Client and Common reference data our businesses and corporategroups rely on for reporting and other purposes.
The AssetPricing & Reference Data (APRD) utility, a major component of GRDO withover 400 staff globally, services all areas of J.P. Morgan Chase - Corporate& Investment Bank, Asset Management, Consumer & Community Banking andthe Commercial Bank. APRD provides high quality Pricing &Reference Data to its subscribers from major external market providers such asBloomberg, S&P, Thomson Reuters under a single operating model. Datais sourced, validated, mastered and distributed via J.P. Morgan's strategicPricing & Reference Data architecture and is used for trading, riskmanagement, settlement and regulatory reporting. PositionSummary
INSTRUMENTREFERENCE DATA OPERATIONS - are responsible for creating, maintaining andinvestigating reference data across the firm's strategic instrument referencedata platform and various legacy applications acting as guardians of that dataand responding to request and queries from the users.
- Create new instruments for Equity Derivatives products in Reference Data system
- Update/modify assets based on internal client initiated changes (Middle Office, Trade support, Settlements) or Corporate actions. Regular maintenance of securities that require coupon, rate fixing and/or factor updates on a daily basis from sources like Bloomberg, Reuters etc.
- Perform research through Bloomberg and Reuters to find missing or additional information required to complete set up or maintenance.
- Participate/Coordinate in special projects such as; data clean up, process improvement analysis, metrics reporting
- Plan and prioritize all projects handled by the team.
- Monitor rejects Queue and clears them on a timely basis. Ensuring Checklist, Metrics and EOD activities are completed and signed off.
- Ensuring timely updating/review of SOPs, Issue Logs and Project tracker.
- Handling and monitoring issue and query mails and escalating issues promptly to the Team Leader
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through
- Flexible work approach - be willing to operate within a shift environment (Potential early and late shift starts)
- Availability to work a share of Singapore Public Holidays. Time off in lieu will be provided for public holidays worked.
- Relationship Management
- College Degree with 2-4 Years of experience in Exchange Traded Derivatives.
- Knowledge of external reference data providers -BLOOMBERG, REUTERS, etc. will be an advantage
- Knowledge of handling various related instrument reference data, Middle office functions - desirable
- Proficient in MS excel
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Flexible and willing to stretch
- Focus on quality and controlled environment
- Attention to detail.