A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Analyst's primary goal is to help T. Rowe Price own the best performing stocks to ensure strong performance in the portfolios. To accomplish this goal, the Analyst becomes an expert in a particular area/industry to make informed judgments about company prospects and the prospects of their stock. This Analyst model is designed around a long tradition and belief that industry expertise helps make better investment judgments. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct due diligence on companies and industries by researching, reading financial statements and market data and visiting companies
- Make recommendations to Portfolio Managers by providing insight and stock recommendations
- Perform bottom up fundamental research on your sector coverage universe
- Create and maintain detailed financial models and forecasts
- Cultivate ongoing understanding of financial markets, instruments, and T. Rowe Price funds/strategies
- Keep abreast of industry trends in your sector coverage and quantitative financial techniques
- Collaborate with colleagues globally
- BA/BS, with MBA or Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience covering the Asia Ex Japan Industrials, Cyclicals, or Financials (either small or large cap) as a buy-side or sell-side research analyst preferably with a verifiable documented track record of strong stock picking performance
- Highly motivated, confident self-starter and calculated risk-taker with the ability to work independently and with others
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct in-depth thematic research across a broad spectrum of topics which can be additive to the investment process
- CFA certification preferred, but not required
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.