Investment Analyst/Manager (Private Equity Funds), UOB Alternative Investment Management Pte Lt
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
Investment Analyst/Manager (Private Equity Funds), UOB Alternative Investment Management Pte LtAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
UOB Asset Management is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services.
UOBAIM is a growing alternative investment management firm with an Asian investment focus servicing a wide-range of global clients both institutional and individual.
As part of our business expansion, we are looking to hire an Investment Analyst/Manager. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Sourcing and executing new fund investments (primary and secondary) - This involves conducting in-depth analysis of funds and fund management teams as well as analysis of the underlying companies.
- Sourcing and executing co-investment
- Country and Industry Opportunity Analysis to identify and validate new investment opportunities
- Portfolio monitoring - This will involve monitoring of existing client private equity fund-of-funds portfolios. This include preparing of quarterly portfolio review reports, managing day-to-day relationship with underlying fund GPs, responding to client's information requests, managing capital drawdowns and distributions, initiating and evaluating exit options including secondary sales and other administrative matters.
- Support fund raising efforts - Development of marketing materials, pipeline development and opportunities landscaping.
Private equity investment experience is necessary. Experience in co-investments and direct investment will also be an advantage. Individuals with consulting background will also be considered. For a manager position, working knowledge of portfolio construction and portfolio management is necessary.
- A degree /MBA in business/finance or equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution;
- Possess 3 - 5 years (more than 5 year for a manager position) of relevant investment or research experience.
- Working knowledge of private equity investing
- Strong work ethic and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to attend to detail while maintaining the big picture
- Speak and read Chinese to handle Chinese speaking markets
- Strong expertise with Powerpoint, Word and Excel
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.