FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don't simply believe in being 'The Best'. We believe in better - because there's no limit to how far 'better' can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives. If you believe in better, we'd love to hear from you. About the Role
WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
This role is responsible for providing (i) asset allocation recommendations from investment and capital market perspective for implementation in annual asset allocation review processes, (ii) development and implementation of AIA Singapore and AIA Brunei strategic asset allocation ("SAA"), dynamic strategic asset allocation ("DSAA") and asset-liability management ("ALM") framework from investment perspective to ensure investment strategies support competitive products and business objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead the development and end-to-end implementation of AIAS SAA framework to ensure optimal outcome is achieved, by striking a delicate balance between investment performances, market constraints, capital and financial implications for AIAS. Collaborate with Actuarial to obtain the necessary approval from committees such as the Investment Committee ("IC"), Asset Liability Committee ("ALCO") and AIAS Board of Directors ("Board").
- Set Investment asset mandates, portfolio mandates and benchmarks for AIAS and monitor execution of all mandate adherences to all MAS, as well as internal limits and overall investment performances.
- Act as the subject matter expert for application of SAA framework in product development process to ensure proper asset allocation is in place to support competitive products and to optimize investment outcome
- Co-Lead the relationship with AIA IM to ensure investment requirements are met and investment returns are optimized focusing on fixed income related asset classes.
- Work with Group Investment to implement Group Investment wide investment initiatives and projects to future proof AIAS Chief Investment Officer ("CIO") Target Operating Model ("TOM")
- Develop investment solutions with internal or external expertise, such as new asset classes or structured products to actively improve our risk adjusted investment returns
- Advise Investment Committee IC and Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) on investment opportunities by actively participating in discussions with Group Investment
- Participate in investment performance review and discussion with AIA Investment Management and Group Investment, focusing on fixed income asset classes to ensure investment requirements are met and risk-adjusted investment returns are optimized
- Shared responsibilities of investment analytics in monitoring and reporting performances, insights of assets, financial impact/capital impact and regulatory reporting for AIA Singapore assets
- Collaborate internally, across departments and AIA Group to develop best-in-class products for high-net-worth clients, affluent clients and ILP products
- Share the responsibility of ensuring the adherence to AIA Investment Governance Framework, while strengthening the control environment (as 1st Line of defense) and to facilitate the governance, risk and compliance culture, together with 2nd and 3rd Line of defense at AIA Singapore
- Share the responsibility of administration tasks such as coordinating committee meetings, month-end financial closing related activities, as well as regulatory requirements and queries
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- At least a bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, financial engineering, data analytics, statistics, math, economics, or actuarial science. Masters degrees and/or additional professional qualifications such as CFA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years strong proven track record as an investment officer focusing on fixed income in life insurance company or banks, or asset management companies.
- Strong interest in investment management, quantitative analysis, capital market and balance sheet management
- Investment qualification, insurance product knowledge or actuarial experiences are a plus
- Experience in analyzing and executing investment strategies
- Knowledge on investment, ALM and SAA
- Experiences or knowledge of some of regulatory and economic capital metrics, investment management for participating business, derivatives, liability management and hedging strategies
- Team player and a strong communicator (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with senior management, technical and non-technical functions across the organization
- Good Influencing and negotiation skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
For over a century, AIA has served the ever-changing needs of our customers across Asia-Pacific. Our Purpose to help millions of people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives is at the heart of everything we do.
As pioneering innovators, we're now transforming AIA to be faster, simpler and more connected to create better solutions and impactful experiences for our customers and communities. AIA encourages and enables our people to act with clarity, courage and humanity in service of our Purpose.
At AIA, we believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. Whether it's investing better wellbeing, inspiring better learning, building better relationships, or making a better impact on customers, a career at AIA will challenge you to find new ways to pursue your 'better'.
AIA is committed to building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive workforce for all employees to thrive in. Join us if you believe in creating a better tomorrow!
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.