Our client is a listed energy infrastructure and technology company with global presence and 40 years of history. As part of their growth, they are launching an Asset Management division with their first fund to be focused on renewables. They are currently looking to build up the core team who will drive this business sector for them. One of the key hires is an Investor Relations (IR) Director.
The IR Director will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with current and prospective investors as well as communicating the fund’s financial performance and growth strategies. The ideal candidate will bring a strong network and investor base to the role, and will play a critical role in securing new investments and maximizing returns for current investors. This role reports to the CFO.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a key contributor in the origination and prospecting of new limited partner relationships, with specific target achievements in fund raising set. Develop the firm’s distribution network on a global basis, opening up new sources of capital
- Be a key contributor in the development and execution of the company's investor relations plan
- Key contributor of growth of the firm's assets under management through establishing and maintaining relationships with private wealth networks, family offices and institutional investors.
- Key contributor to the firm’s core leadership by assisting with investor-facing communications and the development of systems /processes
- Plan and lead roadshows and publication materials (with the assistance of communications team) to share the firm’s vision, mission, strategy and investments to potential investors to develop investor confidence and belief of the Company
- Partner with Strategy director to monitor investment trends, requirements and strategies to identify strategic investment opportunities in overseas markets, sharing insights with potential investors to create a branding and following for the company.
- In collaboration with Strategy, investment/advisory teams within the AuM division and external service providers to:
- prepare updates to all investors & potential shareholders and communicate with investors in all mediums (written, verbal, in person)
- ensure existing limited partners have high satisfaction levels of our services (investor reporting, access to information etc), handle inbound investor enquiries and work with business unit heads when further information / due diligence is required.
- A degree in finance, economics, or related field
- MBA/CFA or equivalent educational qualification is preferred
- 11-14 years of relevant experience in a sales, business development or client relationship management role
- Extensive experience in investor relations and capital raising, with proven track record of successfully securing new investments and managing existing investor relationships
- Good network within the investment industry in the region. Existing network of HNW or institutional investors, especially in the renewables space will be highly looked upon
- Ability to effectively present complex financial information to a wide range of audiences