- This role in the global Corporate Affairs Brand Marketing (CABM) team, is the lead marketing role for the Business Banking team in the global Consumer, Private, Business Banking (CPBB) business. The role holder in partnership with the global and local CABM teams will create the marketing strategy, plan, and where needed execution in pursuit of the 5-year strategic goals. The role is to realise the centre-of-marketing-excellence for this business unit, will be responsible for developing tools and sharing better practices. The role holder will use all the elements of digital marketing, analysis, measurement as required to develop, deliver and demonstrate the performance and value of marketing activity and ultimately its contribution to the Bank's results.
- The role holder requires leadership, excellent stakeholder management and knowledge, experience and skills in using digital marketing, targeting all SME segments, in multiple markets in Asia and Africa.
- Translate business objectives and strategy into a unified and innovative Marketing strategy, aligned with CABM strategy.
- Create distinctive positioning for Business Banking unified with all 7 priority markets.
- Develop creative platform with markets for all marketing touch points.
- Enable thought leadership in Business Banking marketing in the global and local teams.
- Build SC's Business Banking's reputation through digital marketing.
- Work closely with market teams to develop digital strategies to acquire and engage SME clients.
- Develop media partnerships e.g., to raise profile of SC WIN.
- Coordinate website content development, for global and market websites.
- Develop new CRM programme across 7 priority markets, with global and market CABM and CPBB business partners.
- Identifying and develop customer acquisition strategies, including network MGM programmes and marketing support.
- Create business rationale to uplift CABM budget investments.
- Create and lead a Business Banking Marketing Forum across the priority markets to synergise marketing.
- Optimise audience targeting, including across social with markets, other global teams e.g., CCIB, Brand.
- With the Head, Marketing Effectiveness, demonstrate returns of investment and improvements of effectiveness.
- Maker or Checker for organic social / paid digital creative assets and website content.
- Support the drive of client adoption of the various digital Business Banking tools.
- Develop with the markets a sustainable always-on digital marketing strategy and plan.
- Using client driven language develop SEO keyword principles for all marketing.
People and Talent
- Provide subject matter expertise support to improving markets' website SME client journeys and content.
- Use data and insights to underpin ideas as well as demonstrate results of activity.
- Collaborate with our marketing agency partners to elevate digital solutions, with demonstratable results.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient and effective use of available budget.
- Raise the bar on conduct and demonstrate how we are Here for good, to clients and colleagues.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations across the team and work in collaboration with all partners.
- Manage marketing standards to reinforce overall SC brand positioning through consistency in tone, manner, look and feel, and gain competitive market advantage.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support the standardised CPBB marketing operating rhythm including market planning, campaign execution, performance tracking and stakeholder engagement model.
- Understand the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leaders and peers in Corporate Affairs, Brand and Marketing (global, regional, and local).
- Leaders and peers in the Consumer, Private and Business Banking business (global, regional and local).
- Third party global agencies (Publicis, Dentsu).
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Fluent in written and oral business communication.
- Graduate degree in STEM subject and / or post graduate degree / MBA.
- 10+ years of experience in B2B marketing in 'tier 1' companies.
- Good understanding and experience of markets in Asia.
- Experience of large-scale brands / complex organisations.
- Experience in marketing to SME segments.
- Experience in financial services / Business Banking.
About Standard Chartered
- Key Performance Indictors
- Effective Communications
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Written Communications
- Social Media Management
- Data Gathering & Analysis
- Digital Marketing Channels
- Marketing Channels
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers