Our Ideal Candidate
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Assisting technology stakeholders in exploring technical solutions appropriate to meet the operational and business / functional requirements defined.
- Working with business and technology stakeholders to elicit business requirements, produce quality user stories in an Agile model.
- Working with stakeholders and QA team to draft test cases which can be traced back to the requirements.
- Drive the solutioning by collaborating with developers and other technology teams, resulting in a delivery which can be tested and implemented.
- Writing test cases, analysing testing data, test flows and executing and / or supporting QA team and users for both Integration and Functional Testing.
- Address defects by working closely with developers and QA and applying technical knowledge to review coding against the requirements.
- Coordinating end-to-end system integration deliverables, from requirements, testing, raising Change Requests and facilitating User Verification Testing. Ex. firewall, MQ, leased lines setups.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- A Bachelor's degree / MBA or equivalent.
- 5 years of BA experience in Application delivery.
- Knowledge in the Exchange Traded Derivatives and OTC Cleared business, with 5 years of technical business analysis and / or project management within a Financial Institution.
- Experience in managing multiple project deliverables, ensuring deliverables are completed at a high level of quality, within scope and schedules.
- Ability to engage, influence and independently drive outcomes effectively across stakeholder groups, from working level through to senior management.
- Experience working on managing and delivering changes relating to Message Interfaces, eg API, MQ, Leased Lines, Firewalls, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Jira and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Intermediate coding knowledge to facilitate problem solving when collaborating with developers.
- Experience in Ion XTP or FIS GMI or Next Gen will be an added advantage.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Change Release management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A proven track record of delivery excellence.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Agile / Scrum experience.
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge of Exchange Traded Derivatives or Financial Markets and a good understanding of Straight Through Processing (STP) flows from front to back-office systems
- Experience with various messaging middleware technologies - Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS, EDMI / Solace
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development process
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Java
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge, and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers