The Role Responsibilities
- Understand business requirements and translate into quality technology solutions.
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Take ownership of technology deliveries from high level requirement through development, testing and deployment.
- Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements.
- Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g., authoring / reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, managing change request process etc.
- Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Work closely with business sponsors, project and programme managers to ensure all stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed.
- Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Work in a dynamic, Agile work environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work in the FM Supervision Controls and Conduct Technology team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Should have a technical or numerate degree in subjects such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Economics, advanced degree preferred.
About Standard Chartered
- 8+ years of hands-on experience working in a Bank or Financial Institution or in Banking Technology.
- Experience and understanding of Front Office Trading and Pricing is a must.
- Experience in Trade Lifecycle, Front-to-Back trade flow.
- Experience of FM and other CIB products, both flow, OTC & Derivatives.
- Experience in Front Office Risk Systems.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Ability and experience to take ownership of business requirements and manage them through to delivery.
- Knowledge of testing approaches and techniques.
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and display strong initiative.
- Proven ability to work across business streams, exposure to front to back system implementations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard.
- Technical background would be beneficial.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers