Our engineering team aims to build modern digital solutions in the Wealth Management space. We constantly strive to reduce time-to-market and streamline our development processes. As part of the team you will directly collaborate with business stakeholders on regular basis to devise and implement solutions incrementally in short iterations. We follow the agile methodology with continuous delivery practices and expect you to actively participate in our continuous improvement process.
Your responsibility will be to collaboratively take part in all aspects of software delivery: planning, design, implementation, refactoring, testing, automation, integration, release, monitoring, and troubleshooting. You will be constantly learning and sharing your knowledge with your peers. We value specialized expertise; however we request everyone on the team to be curious, open-minded, and proactive problem solver. Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience in delivering technical tools, algorithms, and data structures.
- 8 or more years of experience with Java / J2EE development.
- 2 or more years of experience with Angular / AngularJS / ReactJS.
- Experience using frameworks such as SpringBoot / WebFlux for microservices development.
- 2 or more years of experience of Cloud environments (Such as Azure / AWS / GCP).
- 5 or more years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of software solutions.
- 2 or more years of experience with full-stack design patterns and designing loosely coupled architectures.
- 5 or more years of varied DB experience (eg. RDBMS and NoSQL databases).
- Experience in an Agile / Scrum team environment.
- Experience working with testing frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Selenium and Cucumber.
- Knowledge and experience of SCM and CI tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins and Maven.
- Experience with middleware / messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka, etc and exposure to event driven design patterns.
- Experience with distributed caches such as GemFire, ehCache, Hazelcast, etc.
- Established working at an enterprise level
- Knowledge of system design and development of web frontend, mobile, backend, database, integration, machine learning, cloud, containers and CI/CD pipelines
- Deep understanding and hands on in UI Framework ReactJS ,Redux, Ember JS
- Deep understanding of CSS, HTML5
- Deep understanding and hands-on in building API/microservices using the Framework Spring boot Java.
- TDD, BDD, performance and Security testing for mobile and web
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Experience with DevOps principles and lean development such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, etc).
- Experience with git principles and tools such as Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of Market data and experience integrating it.
- Experience configuring and implementing system execution / quality monitoring tools like Grafana, Graylog, SonarQube, etc.
- Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies.
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution.
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
About Standard Chartered
- JAVA 8 / 11
- Spring MVC
- Spring Boot
- Cloud (AWS / Azure)
- Agile Development
- RDBMS / NoSQL DB
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers