This is a senior technology role that has been newly created role within the Financial Crime Surveillance Operations (FCSO) Technology Organization.
The person will be primarily responsible for the design and implementation of the Banks new AML systems in the Screening (Payments and Name Screening) domain.
The need for this newly created role has been driven in part by the refresh of the FCSO Technology Strategy that demands fresh innovative ideas that will move the Bank to the next level in terms of AML and Sanctions screening, Entity Resolution and investigations/intelligence capabilities.
This role as the Lead SME (Subject Matter Expert) in the AML and Sanctions Screening domain will be to determine the detailed strategy, tools and platforms needed coupled with the risk and control features necessary to meet the demand of 1LOD FCSO and 2LOD CFCC teams under the Strategic Surveillance initiative within FCSO. Experience of designing and maintaining AI / ML based technology solutions in Financial Crimes Compliance is required, and within Payments Screening, Name Screening / Entity resolution and analytics space is highly preferred. Strategy
- Develop and execute the technology solution strategy to build custom technology tools leveraging AI / ML models for AML and Sanctions screening - Real time payments screening, Real time and batch name screening and Entity Resolution.
- Act as a technology solution Subject Matter Expert in Payments and Name screening space and lead the strategy evolution and execution to build the necessary technology solutions.
- Work with Financial Crimes Surveillance and Operations stakeholders in analyzing requirements and identifying use cases for the Screening controls.
- Ensure a full traceability of the controls performance to the respective risks and red flags.
- Engage with enterprise and information and software architects to confirm solutions are consistent with the long-term architecture, roadmap and information principles where necessary.
People and Talent
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Ensure effective management of operational risks within the function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
- Work with architects to implement architecture and integration standards with architects.
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques, Natural Language Processing and Graph Analytics to building solutions in Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) domain for international financial services organization.
- Strong functional knowledge of Sanctions screening, Name Screening and Entity Resolution domain within FCC.
- Proven experience of designing and implementing Payments and Name Screening solutions at international large financial services organization.
- Problem solver - able to work independently and be comfortable with deadlines and milestones.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to apply, debug, and develop machine learning models for real-world applications. Performs tasks and executes solutions to defined problems using standard analysis and techniques.
- Create simple and powerful presentations which can be leveraged for discussion with business.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous relevant Financial Crimes industry work experience required.
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Help Tribe lead to be risk control owner under the Group's Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework).
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FCSO Technology Monitoring team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Financial Crimes Surveillance Operations (FCSO), FCSO Technology, Functions technology, CCIB business and technology teams, Retail business and technology teams, Audit team, Global Model Validation team, Compliance and Financial Crimes Controls (CFCC).
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor's degree (or similar) in Engineering and / or MBA is preferred.
- 10 years of professional experience as a Payments Screening, Name Screening, Entity Resolution, CDD and EDD domain SME.
- PMP or scrum master certification is highly recommended.
About Standard Chartered
- Familiarity with Big Data Engineering solutions and architecture.
- Strong understanding and experience in working with Data technology and cutting edge tool.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks.
- Effective communicator at C-Level by developing consistent and compelling storylines.
- Working knowledge in Legal and Compliance applications, Finance or Risk functions.
- Fluency in verbal and written communication.
- Exposure to Machine Learning, Artificial Inteligence, Big Data Analytics, Graph / Network Analytics, Business Intelligence tools.
- Proficient at MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Payments Screening, Name Screening, EDD and CDD processes and solution knowledge.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers