Lead, Talent Strategic Projects
Ready to take the next step in your career with us?
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Partner with the Head, Talent Solutions and others in the Talent & Resourcing Leadership team to influence, shape and execute the Talent & Resourcing strategy
Products & Solutions
- Provide consultation and advisory support to stakeholders to maximise value and impact of Talent related solutions, representing and championing the function in all interactions
- Collaborate with relevant HR stakeholders on agreed talent related matters to drive consistency of functional strategies, processes and messages at global/regional/country level
- Proactively form credible relationships and drive impact of the talent function through availability of data that influences decision making across the enterprise
- Where required, partner with specific business functions / segments to provide subject matter expertise in supporting the local talent strategy, supporting prioritisation of talent related initiatives and driving value from group wide talent related investments
- Lead various workstreams and projects as defined in the agreed book of work, including but not limited to representing the Talent function on cross functional projects
- Continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, ensuring an integrated approach is taken that supports overall improvement of the colleague experience
- Drive engagement, communication and training for People Leaders, Colleagues and HRBPs for related talent products / processes
- Partner with strategic third parties to develop and embed Talent products that enhance our overall employer brand and ability to develop and deploy talent where it matters most
People & Talent
- Discharge Global Process Owner responsibilities for relevant HR processes as required, ensuring appropriate first line responsibilities are upheld at all times
- Establish and run the operating routine, resource allocation and portfolio management of the talent portfolio, and supporting processes. Ensuring alignment with flexible, dynamic ways of working that maximise productivity and impact of the function
- Build capability and drive operational / delivery disciple to ensure projects and workstreams are delivered in line with strategic priorities and the agreed book of work
- Define and oversee the effective management of headcount within the specialist pool of resources in the COE, role modelling new ways of working and innovative ways of driving productivity and performance within the function
- Responsible for managing and recruiting staff in the team, ensuring adequate capacity and focus on building high performing team by supporting development and planning for succession.
- Develop talent to ensure a high-quality succession pipeline for key roles and sponsor ongoing development activities that focus on the identified high performing and high potential individuals within the businesses
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Lead direct and matrix teams to deliver specific projects and deliverables as determined by the relevant scorecard metrics and agreed functional priorities
- Provide effective leadership to colleagues involved in key projects, communicate the vision and build commitment and energy to focus on key priorities
- Lead by example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team, ensure people are recognised and rewarded appropriately and work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including risk and control partners.
- Develop and embed a high-performance culture with specific focus on capability, effectiveness and productivity
- Set and monitor responsibilities for direct and indirect reports and provide feedback in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct as it relates to the role remit to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employee's form part of the culture
- Assess the effectiveness of the team's governance, oversight and controls and, if necessary, propose/implement changes in these areas
- Engage with relevant audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
- Ensure that all approved HR investments and capital / project expenditure are managed within the agreed enterprise project management standards
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure effective first line identification, management, monitoring and reporting of risks is undertaken in line with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) in a way that is consistent with the authority and responsibilities of the role
- Effective management of operational risks and compliance with all applicable internal policies, external laws and regulation
Key Stakeholders Internal:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country HR Heads and HRBPs
- HR CoEs
- HR COO
- HR Service Delivery and Operations
- Risk, Compliance and Group Internal Audit partners
- Operations and T&I teams
- Relevant industry groups and professional bodies
- Strategic third-party partners and client advisory groups
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and the Group's brand and values within the role's remit
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedure
- 8+ years of experience
- Industry Knowledge
- Effective Communications
- Collaborating Globally
- Succession Planning
- Organisational Change Management
- HR Planning and Development
- Talent Management
- HR Policies, Standards and Procedures
- HR Consulting
- Talent Assessment
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now.