Leading Independent Corporate Trustee ; general compliance ; at least 5 years of relevant experience ; candidates with trustee experience will have an advantage
Our client is a leading financial services firm providing corporate trustee services in Asia. Due to on going growth, they are looking for a Compliance Manager based in Singapore, reporting to the SVP Legal and Compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the Singapore legal and regulatory requirements for the business by formulating compliance management policies and internal controls that are clearly communicated, understood and implemented.
- Facilitate compliance with matters relating to regulatory and industry body requirements, with a particular focus on AML/CTF.
- Ensure adequate compliance controls are set in place for the company and its clients and ongoing monitoring to ensure effectiveness.
- Keep abreast of all regulatory matters and act as compliance officer to ensure management is fully informed of current, new or proposed legislation that affect business activities.
- Ensure all new client relationships have undergone the appropriate document review, client identification screening and risk assessment prior to onboarding and entering into transactions;
- Ensure all existing KYC documentation and information is updated and validated correctly on a periodic basis, risk assessments are completed and necessary escalation is performed;
- Conduct ongoing monitoring, due diligence and reviews on clients, including enhanced due diligence;
- Play an active role in the identification, investigation, escalation and reporting of suspicious activities and transactions;
- Provide sound reasoning and justification on AML/CFT matters;
- Review and update existing policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulations, guidelines, standards and policies;
- Advise on relevant MAS regulations and implications on company policies including outsourcing, technology risk management, cyber security and business continuity management;
- Implement and conduct controls and sample testing and ensure all risk events will be managed and escalated where necessary;
- Assist with the ongoing review, maintenance and development of key risk and compliance documentation including FATCA/CRS review and risk assessments;
- Provide updates on Notices / Circulars / Guidelines received from various regulatory bodies and Group;
- Liaise with internal & external auditors with the ability to provide process walkthrough.
- Degree or degree level qualification;
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience, with 3 years in an AML/regulatory compliance/Legal/Internal audit position. Relevant experience with a global financial institution and/or trustee is an added advantage. Legal background is an added advantage.
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of financial crime legislation, rules and regulations in Singapore;
- Effective and clear communication; comfortable in facing different stakeholders at senior levels;
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills, with an investigative mindset;
- Strong planning and organisation skills;
- High motivation for risk and control, with a positive can-do attitude.
- Adaptive, willing to learn.
We welcome interested qualified candidates to email an updated resume in word doc format to email@example.com indicating current and expected compensation. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
[Florence Teo, R1105626]