A global asset management team with a strong Asia focus is for a Legal Counsel to support their high-growth asset management business in their Singapore office. The primary responsibility of the individual will be to provide general legal support to the business while partnering with multiple businesses across the region.
- Provide legal support for key business areas, including: portfolio management, investment operations, fund distribution, trading
- Negotiate, draft, and review fund documents, distribution arrangements, investment management agreements etc.
- Provide legal support and advice across private funds, segregated account mandates, etc.
- Advise business on legal issues relevant to the development, structuring, operating, and maintenance of business products
- Advise on and anticipate regulatory changes that are related to all relevant areas, including IT and data protection
- Draft and review general corporate documentation including NDAs, RFPs, etc.
- Qualified lawyer in Singapore
- 4+ years of relevant law firm experience (3+ PQE)
- Close-end private fund expertise
- Familiarity with compliance issues and regulations
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good sense of prioritizing tasks and deadlines
- Fluency in Mandarin is highly desirable
If you are keen to continue developing your legal career in a high-growth asset management firm, look no further and apply now!
Selby Jennings is a Trading Style of Phaidon International (License number 16S8194)