This is a global bank with a solid presence in APAC, looking to hire a legal counsel which will be a new addition to the team.
- Prepare facility, security and ancillary documentation for the Bank’s lending business in accordance with credit approvals and internal policies;
- Where loan documentation is drafted by external counsel, supervise the provision of legal services to the Bank to ensure acceptability of all legal deliverables;
- Provide timely and reliable legal advice to the business on legal risks arising from transactions;
- Assist in the negotiating of ISDA/GMRA/GMSLA Master Agreements and related collateral agreements to be entered into by the Bank, adhering to the Bank’s documentation standards and procedures; and
- Assist and support the Head of Legal on special projects.
- A Singapore-qualified banking and finance lawyer with 3 – 5 years PQE.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience as lender’s counsel in a reputable law firm.
- Familiarity with loan and security documentation (for both bilateral and syndicated loans) is essential.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills.
- A team player with an inquiring mind, who is meticulous, resourceful and a self-starter with good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.