Who we're looking for
As the Legal Team Administrator at Schroders, you will be part of the Compliance, Legal and Governance (CLG) team. You will be based in Singapore and provide secretarial and administrative support to the legal team located in Singapore (including the General Counsel, APAC). The role includes three key areas of support:
- PA secretarial and administrative support to the General Counsel, APAC, including administration and co-ordination of APAC Legal team matters and projects across APAC
- Legal secretarial and administrative support to the South East Asia legal team located in Singapore, including the firm's APAC derivatives and infrastructure matters.
- Governance/company secretarial support to the legal team located in Singapore.
Compliance, Legal & Governance (CLG) includes lawyers, compliance and governance professionals who serve Schroders' business across the Investment, Distribution, Product and Infrastructure divisions of the firm. The Schroders legal team operates as a trusted partner, proactively facilitating the sustainable growth of the business. The successful candidate will become a member of the Schroders Asia-Pacific legal team and work in close collaboration with the wider Schroder's Group legal teams, including the Legal teams in Asia-Pacific and London. Key Responsibilities: General Counsel PA and APAC Administration
Legal Administration - SEA
- Provide PA, diary management and secretarial services to the General Counsel APAC. For example, planning appointments, call/message and correspondence management, filing, printing, invoice/payment matters, meeting room bookings, preparation of meeting packs, presentation slides decks, attending internal meetings and keeping minutes, conference and training arrangements, team and other gift purchases etc. upon direction.
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure
- Make all travel arrangements including air, transport and accommodation bookings, meal/venue bookings, complete itineraries and meeting agenda and prepare and submit expense claims.
- Co-ordinate the agenda and speakers for meetings chaired by the General Counsel including regional monthly calls and reports, including circulating and collating documents.
- Maintain/update the APAC team's Teams channels and training portal
- Liaise with Schroders' head office staff in London and other APAC offices in connection with General Counsel and APAC legal team administration.
- Arrange and process training requests for APAC legal team members.
Company Secretarial - Singapore
- Provide diary management and secretarial services to each member of the legal team in Singapore
- Be responsible for document management services for the Singapore legal team including preparation and circulation of execution copy documents, sign-off documentation, maintenance of related log(s), despatch of documents, archiving and document certification.
- Maintain and update the team's electronics and physical filing systems and databases including implementing safe-keeping of legal documentation and related procedures.
- Liaise with Product, legal team and external fund lawyers on preparation, execution and registration of fund documents in Singapore and maintain related logs.
- Liaise with Singapore Facilities and fellow administrators in Singapore to ensure legal operations are maintained
- Provide travel arrangement services to guests to Singapore including settlement of internal logistics (e.g. workstation, equipment and pass requests).
- Process new joiner and leaver administration for Singapore Legal team permanent and temporary members
- Process all cheque/payments/invoice requests and other requests related to fund lodgements and other legal and company secretarial matters through the invoicing system, handle related queries and maintain the invoices spreadsheet.
- Prepare draft agreements and legal reports under the supervision of the Singapore legal team.
- Provide administrative support on projects that impact the Singapore legal team.
- Order all stationery and office supplies for the Singapore legal team
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Assist the Company Secretary for Schroders' Singaporean entities and the Singapore legal team in company secretarial work for Schroder' Singapore entities and joint ventures to meet the standards under the Companies Act and internal Schroder policy including the Subsidiary Governance Policy
- Draft resolutions under the supervision of the legal team, circulate resolutions to directors for approval and monitor response.
- Update Director's Declaration Forms and prepare annual returns
- Maintain Blueprint in accordance with key timelines
- Maintain and update Authorised Signatory Lists
- Liaise with the external company secretarial providers, APAC company secretaries and UK Governance team
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Proven experience in a legal administration or executive assistant role within a large and complex financial services, law firm or similar organization
- Recent solid training and experience with office management systems and IT systems including Microsoft Office, Teams and Oracle, Powerpoint and Excel essential
- Familiarity with company secretarial matters
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills to deal with your peers, team members and various and senior level stakeholders
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
What you'll be like
- Possess at least a Bachelor of Laws/Diploma in Paralegal studies or equivalent.
- Familiarity with legal documents
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to be assertive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage ever changing and conflicting priorities - growth mindset
- Ability to use own judgment and be proactive but escalate and communicate matters of priority efficiently and effectively
- Track record of collaboration and delivery of results across a team
- Displays the Schroders values of excellence, innovation, teamwork, passion and integrity.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.