MD, Head of Enterprise Architect, Technology & Operations
DBS Bank Limited Singapore
Posted 5 days ago Permanent Competitive
MD, Head of Enterprise Architect, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The Enterprise Architecture and Site Reliability Engineering (EASRE) division is a team of architects, engineers, SRE practitioners, program managers and IT governance practitioners focused on providing guidance, guardrails, and ways to deliver better technology to DBS's customers and users.
Our vision is to strive for helping business technology teams to implement and operate well designed, evolutive, innovative, interoperable systems to support DBS strategy in a robust, reliable and scalable manner.
From DevOps to Standards and Guidelines, Observability to Well Architected systems, Change, Incident and Problem management, we ambition to take a holistic approach to fulfil customers', employees' and technologists' satisfaction, while fulfilling the bank's compliance obligations.
The EASRE department is organized around DevOps, SRE and Enterprise Architecture supported by risk management and program management functions. To develop and enforce the EASRE practices within Line of Business Technology teams (LOBT) we are creating a Business Practice team whose mission is to blend with LOBT management teams, helping them to drive implementation of architecture and reliability group objectives and providing feedback to the EASRE department to ensure our objectives are relevant, practical, and achievable, and therefore enforceable too.
About The Role
Given the bank's sustained technological expansion, this role assumes a pivotal position in formulating an extensive Enterprise Architectural framework, strategy, and standards to guide the institution in perpetual technological innovation. The primary objective is to align technology teams with business strategy while ensuring resiliency and uninterrupted services for customers worldwide and fostering innovation without interruption.
The Head of Enterprise Architect (EA) will have to build, guide, and drive a team of veteran Enterprise Architects to enable the purpose of the enterprise-wide architecture function. You will act as a technologist with deep understanding of the different technology stacks, ideally with hands-on experience.
The Head of Enterprise Architect needs to:
• Partner with and act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders in both business and IT to understand the customers journeys, and "job-to-be-done" which describe the business strategy.
• Work with Application and Infrastructure CTOs to design and formulate the technology roadmap, that aligns with the bank's objectives.
• Programme manage the execution of the strategy, providing visibility on its execution, and seeking alignment with the key stakeholder and senior management in terms of milestones and outcomes
• Acts as a key player of the overall technology value chain, by providing relevant information and inputs to the different engineering actors who will ensure the solution provided meet expectations (from blueprints and landscape, architecture design, to performance targets)
• Identify possible technology trend, roadblocks, and difficulties as early as possible in the lifecycle to seek engineering alignment and solutioning.
• Govern the definition and adoption of technology standards within the bank.
To drive, socialize and execute the EA strategy, the Head of Enterprise Architect runs two key forums:
• The resiliency PSC which focuses on the design of technology roadmap to support customer journey, as well as the review of the roadmap of the applications which are supporting these journeys.
• The Center of Excellence (COE) Forum, whose objectives is to define the technology strategy and standards for the technology bricks which are used to support application. The architecture team, together with the COE domain leads, plays a key role in promoting innovation, best practices, reusability, sustainability and compliance with security and regulatory standards of the technologies selected and operated within the bank.
• Proven track record in successfully delivering change or transformation programs, including at least one full digital transformation lifecycle.
• Technical proficiency in various integration mechanisms.
• Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and colleagues of varying seniority levels.
• Ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and understandable manner, tailoring the level of detail and terminology to the audience.
• Expertise in formulating and executing multi-year strategies while also implementing tactical initiatives within a strategic framework to achieve results.
• Strong conceptual thinking skills to identify patterns across seemingly unrelated situations.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and adeptness in creative problem-solving.
• Effective negotiation skills, results-driven mindset, and a commitment to enhancing the bank's technology practices.
• Inherent curiosity and creativity in technology adoption.
• Proficiency in quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking.
• Strong time management skills, with the ability to perform effectively under pressure in complex and rapidly changing environments.
• In-depth knowledge of security, risk, and compliance frameworks, particularly within the financial services industry.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.