About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description Summary
Provides leadership to effectively deliver Finance and Controller support across a wide range of business activities conducted through the Wells Fargo Singapore Branch.
This team interfaces with operations managers & Asia Pacific Finance Team Members as well as other infrastructure groups to provide for the production of Financial Statements with effective system of internal controls. Responsibilities
- Work closely with Singapore Branch manager and other stakeholders in Singapore branch in developing strategies, business plans and performance measurements
- Help develop financial plans, objectives and forecasts, targets with different LOBs.
- Responsible for managing professional staff engaged in Finance & Controllership activities for Singapore Branch.
- Plan and implement internal controls and ensure adherence
- Perform & ensure smooth daily accounting operations, reconciliation, research and resolve discrepancies and maintaining accounting systems and records
- Participate actively in the full scope of month end and year end closing process
- Prepare financial statements/reports and banking returns required by the company, its external auditors, government regulatory authorities in accordance with the local statutory requirement, generally accepted accounting principles and Bank policies
- Maintain and assist in the development of automated accounting procedures and systems
- Prepare financial analysis for senior management review purpose
- Support Transfer Pricing, Corporate Tax, Compliance and Treasury
- In addition to regular responsibilities, team member will be asked to support ad-hoc Finance and cross-functional projects/initiatives as opportunities arise
- Handle enquiries and resolve complex accounting problems
- Support system implementation and other project works and assignments
Market Skills and Certifications Requirements:
- University graduate in Accounting and/or professional qualification in Accounting
- Good relevant in-house finance experience with minimum 3+ years management experience, preferably in banking industry
- Knowledge and experience in banking returns (MAS Singapore)
- Well versed in financial accounting theory, bank accounting systems (LoanIQ, FlexCube), Regulatory system (FRS Global) and government tax (Corporate tax, GST) and accounting regulations
- Good command of written & spoken English
- Team player with strong planning / analyzing skills, details oriented and high sensitivity to timeline
- Familiarity with trade finance and/or banking products would be an advantage
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.